Gave my notice today

• This morning I gave my boss notice that this will be my last year of work, 12/31 will be my last day and then I will be retired. Figured 3 months notice was good. should give her time to find someone and for me to train them as needed.

Unfortunately boss didn't take it very well at first, seems to be slowly accepting that it isnt the end of the world but still a very stressful morning.

but anyway - - YEA!!! - I am finally going to be 100% free to travel the world :00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• No need for a "daily driver" after that. Gonna have to trade the slingshot in for an RV. Or start coming down to some of our humidity filled events and get away from the 145° commute. But congrats either way.

R.V. = Ruins Vacations

Had a client some years back. Made really good money and when he retired he sold his home and had a custom R.V. built for well over 3/4 million so that he and his wife could explore the country. After about a year he stopped in the office with his wife and they announced that after over 45 years they were getting divorced. He moved down to New Port beach and started dating some young interior decorator and they started going all over the world spending his money. Lost touch with him for some time after that until one day when we got a call from one of his children telling us that the girl friend had sucked his finances dry and dumped him and the he had put a gun in his mouth and ended it all.

the way I see it if he and his wife had never gotten that dang R.V. they would probably still be happily married and he would still be among the living =O

Oh and thank you for the congrats :thumbsup:

• Started this job in March 1987 - - - - - - - not many people these days stay in the same job for over 34 years

• Started my business July of 1971. My Dad quit his job in 1972 . We worked together for 20 years.

I am hoping to get fired sometime in mid May. I

I am down to 8 jobs. Diana has kept the books for 31 years. She is retiring with or with out me. We will be traveling in our slingshot or slingshots.

• I retired from the Navy after 21.5 years and the the local school system, State of Florida Retirement after 14 years. been retired for 13 years and it seams I have less time to do things then when I was working. Always some thing to fix. I am attempting to paint the house now but have a lot of water damage T1-11 to fix first.

Your right your friend should probably not have bought the RV my best friend tried the sailboat thing with his wife. Yep get rid of everything they had and sail the world. Sell the house and live on the boat. Worked out about like your friend but this guy sold the boat and just hangs out in his man cave/shop. I bet your friend had more fun with the young lady while the money lasted.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Congratulations it will be nice for you.

I have only been retired for 3 years (after 42 years at the same company), but these three are some of the best years I can remember. It seemed like the firs few weeks after I retired were just like a vacation and then reality kicked in.

Enjoy.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Enjoy your retirement Edward Neal !!! Maybe you can find your way to the Blue Ridge Mountains from sunny CA. Might be a little culture shock for ya but we’ll sure show ya a good time !

Hey Bill Martin I appreciate the invite - Who knows we might actually make it out there one of these days

As to culture shock - - I dont think it will be a problem, having been out in the provinces of the Philippines I suspect I can deal with pretty much anything I might find in your neck of the woods 8o

• Hey Bill Martin I appreciate the invite - Who knows we might actually make it out there one of these days

As to culture shock - - I dont think it will be a problem, having been out in the provinces of the Philippines I suspect I can deal with pretty much anything I might find in your neck of the woods 8o

Ya might find the Filipinos are quite refined in comparison to hillbillies and coonasses :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We are new, soon to be, Slingshot Stealth Blue R owners. Very happy for you and your upcoming retirement! Congratulations and best wishes in the next chapter of your life! :-)

• I highly recommend retirement to everyone I meet. The only advice I can give you: if you get bored take a nap.

Get ready for lots of job offers including your old employer. They won't find anybody who will match your work ethic.

Enjoy