Canvas top question?

• Hey guys, looking at the 2 canvas top options. I like the cage looks and the ability to remove the canvas.

I like the straight rear on the Twist top because it looks like I could use rollbar mounts to add racks, etc.

The Speed does not have as much exposed bar in the back.

In pics of the Twisted top, the canvas looks to not fit as tight. Anyone with the Twisted top who can confirm or deny? I'd think if it wasn't fitted tight that it would be annoying on the highway?

Thanks for any input!

• Not sure if it makes any real world difference, but another difference is that the Twist frame is a two piece frame that comes in sections that are bolted together whereas the bullet speed frame is all one welded frame that comes in a very large packing frame - - not sure if one is better than the other but I like the idea of one solid frame - - just seems like it would be stronger

edit just found a picture in the assembly instructions that shows the Twist frame as two separate halves that bolt together a front & rear section

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I saw that it was 2 pieces and I feel that for what it is it will be fine.

My main reason forbthe Twist was the straight bar on the back but not a deal breaker for the Bullet.

Does anyone have issues with the Twist canopy not being tight enough?

• I saw that it was 2 pieces and I feel that for what it is it will be fine.

My main reason forbthe Twist was the straight bar on the back but not a deal breaker for the Bullet.

Does anyone have issues with the Twist canopy not being tight enough?

I am pretty sure that both of these tops attach with velcro and how tight they are is all dependent on how well and tight you can pull them. I have seen both tops at an event I went to and didn't notice any difference, I also watched the slingshot only crew install a new twist top at that same event and they got the canvas very nice and tight - - it looked great

• I have a one piece bullet speed. Very easy to remove and install the canvas. The front slips into a channel on the front bar. the rest is then easy to quickly snug-up with heavy duty interlock Velcro. Another note if looking at the ability to have luggage, note that although both do limit the area for bags the bullet speed does not have a lower support bar and attaches a few inches above the roll hoops. You can see in the second picture. I have the luggage racks from SlingLow which I love. You can see in the lower picture. Not sure if he still sells them. Both tops are very similar and look good. Both have good points. I love the way my top looks but I really like the the open cockpit. A love hate thing! Currently mine is not installed. If you are any where close to south NJ. I would sell for a great price. It looks like a perfect match for you!

• The differences between the Bullet Speed and TD Tops is mainly a matter of preference. I prefer the bulkier appearance of the TD Top's attachment points compared to the Bullet Speed's.

As far as tightness, the TD canvas can be stretched pretty tight. It's just a matter of how much time will meet your desires.

• When I bought mine it had the bullet speed top to it. I’m 6’4 235 and the way I sat there were multiple Blindspot‘s because of the tubing. It’s a very well-made product the quality I found to be very good however it was the first thing off. It was difficult for me to get in and out with it as well. Perhaps sit in one first and decide for yourself. Again, It seemed to be a very well-made product but it just didn’t fit me.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Mascman some of the taller guys are using the Stinger tops

Slingshot Only TWIST DYNAMICS STINGER ROOF SYSTEM FOR THE POLARIS SLINGSHOT (2015-2019) Polaris Slingshot Aftermarket Parts and Accessories more expensive but good product. I don't want a top but the Stinger would be the one I'd get if I change my mind.

• when I get in and out I pretty much just stand up with a little push with my right hand of the center console and my left hand on the steering wheel. having a fixed top that I would have to duck in and out under seems like it would really make things harder. When I was running the mean sling top my wife (5'4") could duck right in without opening the top - - I tried to get in without opening it just once and gave up and opened it.

topless just works best for me :thumbsup:

• Before purchasing our TD Top, we stopped by a fellow Slingshot owner's place just to see what it was like getting into and out of the Slingshot with the TD Top. We found it made things much easier. I don't like pulling on the steering wheel and with the TD Top, I just hold the frame at the forward curve, stick my right leg in and then lower myself while tilting my body to slide under the steering wheel. The passenger side is even easier since there's no steering wheel to deal with. Buying the MadStad Single Adjustable 13" windshield and the TD Top were my first 2 important mods.

• Quick detach steering wheel makes getting out much easier

While I agree a removable steering wheel will make it easier to get in & out, I haven't found a removable steering wheel setup that I think I'd like as far as how the wheel gets repositioned. My arm position on my 2015 is pretty much perfect and I just don't know how changing that positioning will affect the steering wheel feel. From what I remember, the early removable steering wheel setups moved the steering wheel significantly closer to the driver. I haven't really researched them since.

• Mascman some of the taller guys are using the Stinger tops

Slingshot Only TWIST DYNAMICS STINGER ROOF SYSTEM FOR THE POLARIS SLINGSHOT (2015-2019) Polaris Slingshot Aftermarket Parts and Accessories more expensive but good product. I don't want a top but the Stinger would be the one I'd get if I change my mind.

Topless by choice 😎 too!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Topless by choice 😎 too!

Since we we did purchase our SlingShot to experience as a motorcycle alternative, we usually ride topless during the warmer summer months also. But as we slip into fall and winter here in Oregon, our MeanSling Sport Top does help to extend our riding season comfort by retaining passenger compartment heat and cutting down on drafts and turbulence. It's flip forward design also makes getting in and out really easy.

It sure is too bad that Patrick and Tina had to leave us! :(

Bill