Fire in Show Low

• Looking more and more like they might evacuate everybody from where I live due to the Cedar Creek Fire! Live alone with my Rottweiler in Show Low and since I own 2 vehicles I obviously can only drive one! Any guesses what I'm taking? If they do evacuate us, my gal will come and pick up my dog and things I've packed so I can follow in my sling! Sure hope it doesn't come to that but you have to be ready. Prayers would be appreciated about now.

• Looking more and more like they might evacuate everybody from where I live due to the Cedar Creek Fire! Live alone with my Rottweiler in Show Low and since I own 2 vehicles I obviously can only drive one! Any guesses what I'm taking? If they do evacuate us, my gal will come and pick up my dog and things I've packed so I can follow in my sling! Sure hope it doesn't come to that but you have to be ready. Prayers would be appreciated about now.

Holy crap! That is NOT good news! Hope it doesn't come to that! Keep us posted...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I am not sure of who it was, but the was a Sling owner in Fort Mac Alberta this year. Not sure what he chose to drive out with, but the pictures from that country while the evacuation took place were horrifyingly beautiful.

But, yeah, if the fire gets close, that ash in the air is an issue.

Be safe! Just to recent that we lost 19 brother wildland firefighters in Yarnell.

• I am not sure of who it was, but the was a Sling owner in Fort Mac Alberta this year. Not sure what he chose to drive out with, but the pictures from that country while the evacuation took place were horrifyingly beautiful.

But, yeah, if the fire gets close, that ash in the air is an issue.

I already have ash falling on my deck. At times, depending on the wind, it looks like it's snowing. Wind is really an issue with them fighting this fire. So far the ash falling has been sporadic.

• It's looking better here in Show Low. They haven't lifted the pre evacuation order but they said they have held the fire from advancing any further! Wahoo. Sure didn't want to leave. :thumbup:

That's great news, thanks for the update! Let's hope the situation continues to improve! Hang in there Brother...

• Fire had burned 12,000 acres total yesterday and at noon today they announced it was up to 26,739 acres ! Phew. Smoke had left and now it's back so apparently wind has shifted again. Sure hope they get it under control again as I can't imagine what these firefighters are going thru and the immediate danger they are in. We would get a 4 hour warning to leave because these incredible people are willing to put it on the line! Wow. Just can't express how thankful I am for all of them.

• They lifted the pre evacuation order today!!!!!! Thank you Lord and thank all of you here for your support and prayers. It is now 42% contained even though it grew some more as they were able to connect some of the lines together that they had burned to stop the fire. So glad to see this! Thanks again everybody... :thumbup:

• They lifted the pre evacuation order today!!!!!! Thank you Lord and thank all of you here for your support and prayers. It is now 42% contained even though it grew some more as they were able to connect some of the lines together that they had burned to stop the fire. So glad to see this! Thanks again everybody... :thumbup:

AWESOME news Paul! :) Thanks for the update!

Good to hear. Take care down there.