Hard to beat price on aftermarket shocks

• I had plenty of questions when we finally took the leap and purchased aftermarket shocks. Even though this thread does not address your specific shocks, you should find it interesting in finding the answers for your questions.

Aftermarket Shocks

Bill

Thanks for that link. I gotta say, did some driving last night and the difference is def noticeable speciallly in the softest setting all around, much more comfortable ride. For some reason I feel like the height of the slingshot went up a little bit or maybe the coilovers still need some time to sit on the vehicle. I would of liked Polaris offering the Bilsteins to color match the SLR orange instead of just coming in gloss black but it is what it is. So far for $460 I can't complain st all.

• Thanks for that link. I gotta say, did some driving last night and the difference is def noticeable speciallly in the softest setting all around, much more comfortable ride. For some reason I feel like the height of the slingshot went up a little bit or maybe the coilovers still need some time to sit on the vehicle. I would of liked Polaris offering the Bilsteins to color match the SLR orange instead of just coming in gloss black but it is what it is. So far for $460 I can't complain st all.

You can always take the springs off and have them powdercoated locally to match, just an option to consider.

• In regard to setting the shocks, I look at it as adjusting the body roll, to keep all 3 wheels in contact with the road. The springs hold the weight of the vehicle, and the shocks dampen the movement.

My shocks are rebound adjustable. I started at the softest setting, and liked it, until I took a banked turn and scrapped my splitter. I turned both the front and rear shocks up one click each time I rode, and made aggressive moves to test. I took the same banked turn, applied hard acceleration, and hard braking, and payed attention to the body roll.

Each time I turned up the shock setting, the body roll lessened, and I thought about what that would mean in certain driving situations. Under hard acceleration the rear end may start hopping if the shocks are too soft.. Too much body roll in the entry of a turn, and the rear tire may let loose (oversteer). The same with hard braking. If the rear is too soft, the rear end will lift and the rear tire looses traction. I kept adjusting my shocks until some bumps were jarring and body panels rattled, then I backed off one click.

Since then, I really only adjust the rear shock up and down one click, for performance or comfort. The fronts I leave alone.

• this question has already been asked but i dont think that it was answered. i tend to bottom out to much. how much can i increase the ride height with the jri grand touring?

Just increase the setting a little at a time until you do not have the problem. My JRI's have 52 clicks and I am set in the middle and never had that problem.