Aftermarket Brakes

• Does that include putting the brace on the 20+ Slings. All you guys talk like everything is <20 there for when you all come up with these mods I go to the sites and find out the 19s are the last year they fit. It would also help when you talk about fixing, changing, or putting a mod on your Sling you would mention what Sling you have. Rant over. All of you are helpful and someday I might want to go turbo or sc on my 20R. But then it is blue and won't go fast anyway. Matter of fact it has never went over 5,800 RPMs.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• A master cylinder brace will firm up the pedal. When you pair it with a set of hawk pads it really makes a difference. We sell both. You can see the brace here https://zzperformance.com/coll…hot-master-cylinder-brace This will fit all years makes and models.

The pads can be found here https://zzperformance.com/coll…roducts/hawk-brake-pads-2 The ferro carbon offer the best stopping power but are a little dusty. The ceramic pads have great stopping power with less dust.

If you are looking to completely replace everything and improve braking over stock, we also just released our slotted rotors for the Slingshot. You can buy the rotors only or you can package them with a set of hawk pads as well. You can see those here https://zzperformance.com/coll…-slingshot-slotted-rotors

If you want to take me up on a package deal or just buy one or the other or If you have any questions feel free to reach out here, email me directly at kyle@zzperformance.com, or my direct line is 6164214296

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Heck, everyone knows that when you make Red go really fast.....it turns ORANGE!

Well, not so fast here. It’s the people that put turbos or super charger on their SS to make them faster. It’s the people that have the FAST RED ONES that get to go fast no matter what.

What say you FunCycle , EjFord , or mytoy just to name a few?

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Well, not so fast here. It’s the people that put turbos or super charger on their SS to make them faster. It’s the people that have the FAST RED ONES that get to go fast no matter what.

What say you FunCycle , EjFord , or mytoy just to name a few?

JUST SAYIN

Yes, back in the day there just happened to be this turbo charged Sling that could not get away from me on the Cherola Skyway and he just could not understand it. Does anyone still remember this. There just so happened that there was 2 or 3 other turbo Slings that wanted to get in front of me before we left Maggie. I told them no but if I held them up that I would let them by. Ended up they coud not even keep up and that my friends is the day where I made my name in driving the Sling. Does anyone remember who was in front, who says you can not be remembered for coming in second

• Yes, back in the day there just happened to be this turbo charged Sling that could not get away from me on the Cherola Skyway and he just could not understand it. Does anyone still remember this. There just so happened that there was 2 or 3 other turbo Slings that wanted to get in front of me before we left Maggie. I told them no but if I held them up that I would let them by. Ended up they coud not even keep up and that my friends is the day where I made my name in driving the Sling. Does anyone remember who was in front, who says you can not be remembered for coming in second

I don’t remember the day but I can say I believe it. You are one hell of a SS driver!

I wish I could drive like that, someday I will cause I’m practicing on all these curves in north west Arkansas even the pig trail.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Yes, back in the day there just happened to be this turbo charged Sling that could not get away from me on the Cherola Skyway and he just could not understand it. Does anyone still remember this. There just so happened that there was 2 or 3 other turbo Slings that wanted to get in front of me before we left Maggie. I told them no but if I held them up that I would let them by. Ended up they coud not even keep up and that my friends is the day where I made my name in driving the Sling. Does anyone remember who was in front, who says you can not be remembered for coming in second

I've ridden with FunCycle a handful of times on the rattler and cherohala. The man can drive. I remember going through the technical section of the rattler and looking in my mirror and Gerald was so close I could read his Trump hat. LOL I went through Cherohala with FunCycle Ghost rabtech and MACAWS and I think we averaged 80-85 through there. Those are my two favorite group rides I've ever been on.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• For those who have installed after market brakes or a big brake kit has that really improved braking effort with less pedal effort & with better stopping?

The aftermarket pads make the biggest difference when upgrading the stock brake system. The stock brake pads on the Slingshot are made by Hawk for Polaris and are a different compound then the common aftermarket pads that you will see available. The stock pad compound that they are using stock has an operating temperature which is higher than most Slingshot owners will ever get their brake pads. The pad shape used though is common to several different cars, but we generally tell people to use the front brake pads from a - 2006 Honda Civic Sedan (DX,EX, LX) with rear drum brakes. There are a lot of pads available, some people get some from local Advance Auto, Autozone, etc. Depending on what pads you get, you may need to remove the backing plates or wear indicators to be able to install into the Slingshot. If you want a completely plug and play setup, we offer the Hawk 5.0 and Ceramic pads. Both of those options definitely help with the initial bite of the pads and the overall braking of the stock setup.

As for the big brake setup, at 160mph if you press on them hard it feels like you dropped a boat anchor out the back of the Slingshot, but kinda overkill for most people. The upgraded pads and a good master cylinder brace take care of most owners braking needs.

• Thanks for all the info guys, especially Kyle & Dave. I'm not sure what route I'll go just yet but certainly appreciate the insight & links provided.

I'm not a hard charging rider but after converting the Slingshot to auto trans there's a bit more drag on the braking system at least it feels that way. So wanting to firm things up.

• I never will forget being in Okala FL and getting ready to make a full speed 1/2 mile pass down the airstrip. I had never really mashed the sh1t out of my brakes except to stop fast on the highway. So I asked Dave if I had to let out of the brakes to allow them a bit of cooling after applying them. My main thing was to prevent them from warping. I hate warped rotors.

His reply in typical Dave fashion..... Mash them as hard as you want for as long as you want till your stopped!

The big brake kits don't even know they are being used to stop a vehicle. Most of the time you don't even get them hot enough to optimally get the most out of them. However it is nice to know they don't ever fade or warp. If you have stock brakes and you add the more aggressive brake pads just be aware that you can heat up the rotors a lot faster. That is how you know that the big brake kit is needed for your driving style. Once you start having the dreaded shake in the steering wheel when you stop you will be ready to trade up....

• That's one of the reason I "made" my own drilled and slotted rotors for my Slingshot. They didn't give any better braking (of coarse I was using a couple sets of cheap-ass Ebay ceramic pads. But they did get to heat up on some aggressive braking but never warped. They key is to get the out gasses off the rotor and the added cooling into to them

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE