Brake upgrade options

• Has anyone here used the brake upgrade package that SLINGMODS offers?

This is the EBC SPORT SLOTTED ROTOR AND PAD KIT ($374.44).
    It shows that they are out of stock, but I could wait for them to come in, not in a huge rush.
    just was wondering if anyone here had tried them, and what they thought.
    Or, is there a better option close to the same money?

I did read the reviews on their site, sound like people like them from that site.
    no one there reports if they create lots of brake dust, or not?

Just looking for options and opinions.

Thanks!

• You might look at DDM to see there brake options. I have there set up on one of my slings. Been very happy with it and dust is minimal. I think they have the hawk pads and depending on which ones you get would change the dust factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I have 89,000+ on the oem original pads. Once in awhile I wished I had more stopping grab in tight situations but no accidents so far. I'd like the wilwood upgrade but 3,500 is crazy money. When the pads need replacing I may consider new rotors but not a have to have.

• The brake pads are going to be the biggest improvement for the stock brake system. The rotors are going to be mainly for looks, unless you go with something like the 2 piece options that we offer, which will drop rotational weight, but not something most people will be able to tell the difference with. So if you are just looking for better stock brakes, put some new pads on. You might consider the brake master cylinder brace at the same time also. Let me know if there is anything else we can answer or help you with on this.

$94.60 and it includes enough pads for all 3 wheels, prepped and ready for install.

https://www.ddmworks.com/Sling…wk-Brake-Pads-_p_535.html

• I really prefer the 5.0 pads, that is what we sell and install the most of. Much better initial bite, great fade resistance and work really well. The Ceramic pads are a nice upgrade over the stock pads and dust less, but with less initial bite than the 5.0 pads.

I usually talk to people on the phone and if they are more concerned with dust = Ceramic pads. If people want to stop really well - 5.0 pads.

• Ok,

I just called your office to place the order but I see that it is past your business hours.
    I will call tomorrow am to place the order.
    I just had a question I wanted to ask you about the brace, and the powder coating of it.
    I will connect with you tomorrow to set things up!

Thanks for your help!

• Ok,

I just called your office to place the order but I see that it is past your business hours.
    I will call tomorrow am to place the order.
    I just had a question I wanted to ask you about the brace, and the powder coating of it.
    I will connect with you tomorrow to set things up!

Thanks for your help!

Sure thing, you can reach us after hours on the techline also 864-907-6004, but Angie can help you in the morning with the order also.

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

Dave

• I ordered brake pads from DDM. I mistakenly ordered the ceramic pads, and minutes later realized my error. I attempted to contact DDM thru the website to have the 5.0 pads sent. I never heard from them. Don't get me wrong, my error. I have the brake master cylinder brace from them and love it. I also have their supercharger, and REALLY love that! I never installed the ceramic pads, but with my aggressive driving on twisty roads I need to get the 5.0 ordered. Dave@DDMWorks has great products, can't say enough about them! Back in 2018 in Maggie Valley, SlingRider and I worked on a veteran's SS under that tent that Dave had set up. The Sling was Black Cherry. It was pouring rain, the vet was older, and couldn't do what he wanted done. Dave was busy, so we installed the parts using Dave's tools. Put in the short throw shifter, and a powdercoated to match cam cover and top cover. Was a great evening.....

I have Zero to say bad about DDM, all positive.

• That’s great to hear.
    I am definitely doing the Turbo or SuperCharger upgrade soon as well.
    I am brand new to the SlingShot thing, so just driving it as is for now.
    just doing some cosmetic type upgrades while I am still deciding Turbo or Supercharger.
    everything else I have, has at least one Turbo on it. Lol.

• I really prefer the 5.0 pads, that is what we sell and install the most of. Much better initial bite, great fade resistance and work really well. The Ceramic pads are a nice upgrade over the stock pads and dust less, but with less initial bite than the 5.0 pads.

I usually talk to people on the phone and if they are more concerned with dust = Ceramic pads. If people want to stop really well - 5.0 pads.

Spot on! I have the ceramic ( Got my Ricky Racer license taken away) and the ceramic are better than stock and really no dust. I may see about the 5’s next time as no matter how you drive better stopping power is always a good thing.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• That’s great to hear.
    I am definitely doing the Turbo or SuperCharger upgrade soon as well.
    I am brand new to the SlingShot thing, so just driving it as is for now.
    just doing some cosmetic type upgrades while I am still deciding Turbo or Supercharger.
    everything else I have, has at least one Turbo on it. Lol.

Get lots of seat time in....so many things that you can do with this great machine and you don't want to 'undue' a costly mod cause you got in a hurry.

• Check out the new rotors and pads now offered by ZZP Kyle D pretty good price point and looks like they have them in stock

We actually JUST released these last night. You have the option to purchase just a set of 3 rotors or save some money and buy a package that includes your choice of a set of Hawk Ferro Carbon 5.0 Street pads or Hawk Ceramic pads. Rotors only are priced at $209.99 or add a set of Hawk pads to the package for a total of $299.98. It's a lot of bang for the buck. As others have mentioned a master cylinder brace will also help with getting rid of that mushy pedal feel. We carry those as well. You can find the brake kit here https://zzperformance.com/prod…rs?variant=39567686303806 and the brace here https://zzperformance.com/coll…hot-master-cylinder-brace

As always if you have any questions, feel free to PM me here, email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com, or call my office at 616.421.4296.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke