Tanya wrecked today , a lot of pain ,but in good enough spirits considering.

• roadog1ajand Tripod

.I'm with you flying flags that high at a good speed applies loads where you should never apply loads. the weight of that cargo box loaded up that high and that far behind the rear wheel is an accident waiting to happen when pushing the envelope. All is well for a sunday go to church ride around the events but everything was stacked against Tanya going into that dipping curve that hard . Donny and a few others were right behind he told me today, although the video doesn't portray it well, they were running hard there, and when your pushing the envelope, external loads where there shouldnt be any ,are going to have a consequence , Tanya says the cargo box shifted . A vehicle doesnt just go airborne like that for no reason . There's a place for flags and high center of gravity loads like that and its not on the twisties at speed. . .

• Just saw the video, thanks, 2W2X1, Joey for video. Really just says how fast something can go terribly wrong in a split second. Hope you heal quickly.

Good to hear from you Joey.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Let's point another thing: The aftermarket roof also helped save her. I know those are not rated for crash worthiness, but that's the 2nd time I've seen a roll over with a roof that did a great job of protecting the occupant.

Can I ask: Regarding the broken ribs: Stock 3pt seat belt or aftermarket? In my crash, the seat belt is what did the most damage to me (admittedly much less than the steering wheel would have) and the reason I went to 4 pts.

• chavey2 absolutely,, those single stock shoulder strap belts tanya was wearing were never designed to offer any protection whatsoever from being ragdolled sideways in a roll over. They were designed to keep you in place only on a frontal collision. Only A four point harness would have prevented the ragdolling .

Yourself and Phil Ward have experienced what happens in a rollover , Phil's wife experienced broken vertabraes in her back and Phil studied and wrote plenty of information on the early day forums regarding his decision to install 4 points after that .

• Glad she is recovering and not badly hurt. It look to me as the approach was wrong coming in, should have been closer to centerline. With that said it shouldn’t have lifted like it did. I didn’t see the load on the carrier but it was probably the culprit. A four wheeler wouldn’t have lifted like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I.ve spent a lot of time considering Tanyas claim she never left the road and that she actually felt the load shift that helped launch her,. the video released yesterday answers all the questions in my mind. I'm not so sure she felt the load shift , but she would have felt the aerodynamic effects of lift from that load configured as it was., running hard in the twisties,

Thankfully there was a blue slingshot running directly in front of her in the video and we can clearly see how it , configured properly, handled that exact same curve at the exact same speed. The plunging dip in the curve set her up for disaster., I dont think she caught the shoulder.

Watching the video in its slow motion section . from ;26 seconds on ,

we can see what impact the dip had . The video producer edited it down to slo mo but kept the clock running on normal speed , so we can note what happened where. In a normal right curve the load would have been transferring to the outside at an anticipated rate, but we can see at ;26 watching the blue Sling where the dip plunged the weight onto the inside front corner as they entered the curve compressing the wrong shock. From ;27 to ;34 .we can see the weight shift transfer from the inside corner rebounding back to the outside corner on the curve, At this point ;35 to ;36 the Blue Sling driver driver has to make an immediate steering input correction stopping the weight shift transfer and maintaining it there throughout the remainder of the curve. Which he did well.

Noting where on the curve he made that correction we can then replay, this time focusing on Tanya . we can see her weight plunged into the curve compressing the wrong shock and we can see at exactly the same spot the blue sling did, her weight start to transfer back to the outside of the curve , ;31 to ;35, the only difference being , when Tanya tried to make the blue sling correction, stopping the outbound weight transfer, gravity took effect and the shifting weight transfer (with those flags flying and rack load at such a high center of gravity) just had too much weight shifting momentum for the correct driver input to overcome. Tanya was doomed the second she entered that reversing dip on such a sharp curve at that speed with her load configured as it was and no driver expertise could have prevented that weight shift with it's momentum from continuing on.

In my opinion, Slingshots properly configured can overcome many obstacles and sharp corners and Tanya routinely runs with the big boys throughout the twisties, but an improperly configured Slingshot has it's limitations.

Firstly I am glad she will be OK

The plunging dip in the curve set her up for disaster., I dont think she caught the shoulder.

Please consider the position and elevation of the rear tire in the first full clear frame.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• WOW!!! Just WOW! Just saw this for the first time. This had a very good chance of being more worse than it actually was. Given the injuries sustained, Tonya is very fortunate in the way the Slingshot landed. I've worked a few years in Crash, Fire, and Rescue (CFR) during my time in the Navy, and have seen my share of mishaps as a Safety Professional. This looked bad from takeoff...ground departure. The elevated embankment on the opposite side of the rode actually prevented this from being catastrophic. Tonya, your guardian angels and the man above had you covered, for sure. Velma and I wish and pray for your speedy recovery.

• Glad occupant is ok. I run the "dragon" in Tennessee a lot with my SS and there are several spots where you can get in trouble but "gravity cavity" aka "the dip" is a hard right hander followed by a dip and then hard left over a rise. If you make thru there of course there's another tight left and then right again. My point is I've hit GC pretty hard and never felt the inside tire get light or lose control. Definitely the weight distribution with the carrier that caused this unfortunate incident. Being a pilot I know full well how weight distribution upsets otherwise smooth flying...

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I would think the air flow against those tall flags would tend to lift the front making it light. Then the flag poles may not have been strong enough to standup to that much pressure.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• It is according to where it is loaded. But then we do not try to take the kitchen sink with us. Before I built my luggage racks the wife had one side and I had the other behind the seats for a 8 days of travel.

My wife and I generally do 2 weeks every year using just the behind seat storage, but it's hard. I recently saw these at the Sundre slingfest: https://www.slingmods.com/pola…luggage-system-slinglines and immediately ordered them. Great idea, and it seems that it keeps the CoG low which I guess now makes sense.