A Quiet Exhaust

• Video is for the header. I have that installed already. Need video for 1320 front exit exhaust. I took the parts out and it looks like instructions will not be needed. But would have been nice. Trying to decide if I want to install tonight. Rain tomorrow is a big deciding factor.

May get lots of rain your way, remnants of Hurricane Henri. Any folks in Long Island, stay safe!

• EricRedSL

Eric, I hate to sell things on the internet simply because I've never sold anything over the internet and don't trust the process. I have the 1320 2.0 version header & exhaust below. They are exactly as shown, only 10 minutes run time. I took this picture prior to boxing them up. Baffles, gaskets & all. Willing to sell at 1/2 of what I payed for the combo. $475. If what you have doesn't work out and you can return it? You can contact me private through the sight an we can work it out. That is if you want it.

126136-slingshot-1320-exhaust-jpg

• EricRedSL

Eric, I hate to sell things on the internet simply because I've never sold anything over the internet and don't trust the process. I have the 1320 2.0 version header & exhaust below. They are exactly as shown, only 10 minutes run time. I took this picture prior to boxing them up. Baffles, gaskets & all. Willing to sell at 1/2 of what I payed for the combo. $475. If what you have doesn't work out and you can return it? You can contact me private through the sight an we can work it out. That is if you want it.

126136-slingshot-1320-exhaust-jpg

I have this same set and not loud.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Hope thus sucker is not obnoxiously loud. Wife won't hear it but I will. Need to leave it on because I need a 2.5 for the supercharger.

It's an individual interpretation. Two things, I tried the set up prior to the supercharger. With the supercharger installed the airflow may just be different, producing a different sound. I hope so, originally I envisioned something more like the frequency of an Indy car. If that's the case or it just sounds better with the supercharger and I get to hear it in person I'll retune and reinstall the 1320 set-up. Second, the decision to go stock exhaust wasn't just about me but also my wife, and elderly disabled neighbors.

I really want to come up with something in-between! I'll keep looking?

• yes going to the 105mm pulley requires a 2.5 exhaust.

Correct. I already have the 105 pully and belt as originally that was my intent. I just had the opportunity to first install the exhaust while awaiting for the supercharger. Then after ordered a 110 pulley and belt for the stock set up.

Hoping sometime soon I can come up with a go between set up. Good luck keep posted.

• Correct. I already have the 105 pully and belt as originally that was my intent. I just had the opportunity to first install the exhaust while awaiting for the supercharger. Then after ordered a 110 pulley and belt for the stock set up.

Hoping sometime soon I can come up with a go between set up. Good luck keep posted.

I would be interested i knowing what the flow would be like with the 1320 header and the cat delete pipe with the stock can with the internal cat bypassed. Open pipe is just that with no restrictions. I do know it sounds good when NA

• I would be interested i knowing what the flow would be like with the 1320 header and the cat delete pipe with the stock can with the internal cat bypassed. Open pipe is just that with no restrictions. I do know it sounds good when NA

What silencer supposed to reduce the noise the most? I have no instructions. I assume the silencer small end goes in facing down?

• What silencer supposed to reduce the noise the most? I have no instructions. I assume the silencer small end goes in facing down?

With all my experience on motorcycle exhaust systems I have used. The larger the baffle the louder & more performance. The smaller (more restrictive) the quieter but less power. I only tried mine with the center baffle. I figured if wrong either way I would be safe being that you can only 2 of the three. I believe (if I remember correctly) the Baffles only fits correctly larger end first?

• Finally got the install done. Much easier to get exhaust attached to header with extra set of hands. I still have to get the side panel back on but taking a break. The sound is not loud in my opinion. It is louder than stock but cruising at 50 is fine. I'll do a sound video later in the week. The install went fine but not crazy about only 3 springs attached. I had no directions so don't know if there are more places to put springs but I didn't see any.

• Tried to do a video using phone. Quality was not so good especially since I was holding the phone while driving. Impressions of 1320 exhaust (PLM) is only loud when running thru the gears. But the harder you hit the gas it actually quiets down. Cruising at 50 it's quiet but gets alittle louder when going up a grade while on cruise control. I'm pretty satisfied and will be keeping it on. I really liked the stock muffler with cat delete but had to go to a 2.5 because I'm boosted and wanted to got to a 105mm pulley.

https://privatelabelmfg.com/pr…with-adjustable-silencers

• I went with the medium size baffle today on my plm muffler. Made a noticeable difference in the noise level. I wonder what the small baffle would do to the sound. I can't use because I'm boosted. Overall impression, I like it but knowing I need the 2.5" due to boosting, maybe that taints my opinion. If your not boosted I would stay with the stock muffler.

• I am getting closer to starting work on my exhaust. Over the past couple months I have built a welding station, and have been accumulating supplies. At this point, I just need a tank of Argon gas. Sorry if my pics are the wrong format (too large)

Welding station layout; The orange bucket is where the gas cylinder is going to be mounted

Sheet metal work;

Loaded Up;

• I want to add my opinion to this thread. I went with the 1320 v2...it IS loud! Even with the smallest/quietest baffle it is still loud. As Eric stated, it actually is quieter while accelerating a bit. I ended up modifying mine a bit further using a motorcycle insert baffle. This did get the sound to a more tolerable level but you can definitely tell that it is more restrictive . It's just part of the trade off we face...better performance but loud, or less performance and quieter. I feel I have made it to a center area between the two. Now to talk with Dave@DDMWorks about his N/A tune.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE