Convex peel and stick mirrors

• Hello All! So I recently purchased the Convex Peel and Stick Mirrors. The drivers side convex mirror will stick on flush. On the passengers side the stock mirror is already convex and says "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" So if I put the new convex mirror up to the stock on before I peel and stick it, the back of that is flat so it does not sit on the stock mirror flush to stick it. Has anyone ever had this issue? I am going to put pictures with descriptions so we are all on the same page.

Pushing mirror to outside leaves a gap on the inside

Pushing mirror to the inside leaves a gap on the outside

If you push it in the middle there are gaps on both sides. I asked if I needed to heat the convex mirror a little to get it to bend to stick. I am being told by the manufacture this is normal, just peel and stick it. I am struggling with this because there is not enough give on its own to stick the mirror across the old one. Is it a manufacture defect and I should return it to get a replacement? I am close to just returning them because I am not happy with the response I received from the vendor. Thank you for the help in advance

• Interesting, why can’t aftermarket products take these things into consideration when making the product. If your an engineer than you should be more than capable of producing a part to mate perfectly with the another. I seem to be one of the people that runs into these add ons a lot. I’m talking for anything be it a car a tv stand or anything else that says no modifications needed…. Interesting to hear what the final answer is as I was thinking of adding these myself.

• Stuck mine on my 2020 and never looked if there was a gap or not. They are stuck on just fine. I love the mirrors and removed my rear view mirror that was wide angle that was on the assy post. It was blocking my view on right turns.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Just another mirror question: if you use the peel and stick convex mirrors, does the driver's mirror still shake so you cannot see behind you when up to speed? I added a little round convex mirror to mine (driver's side) and it is stone cold immovable. Passenger mirror has never moved. And yes I tried the gas line around the mirror, it helped, but did not solve the entire issue.

• Looks like they sent you some very poor quality mirrors, my friend, and of course they're going to say, oh, that's normal. If it were me, I'd send them right back.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I put a set of those on mine two months ago and I am glad I did. I never felt safe changing from the left lane to the right no matter how I adjusted the mirror. I could never see everything. Now that I have the convex mirrors, I can finally see everything on the right side of me. No issues with fit, they are on there and not going anywhere under their own power.

Glenn

• So I would like to use the mirrors but I can't get over the fact they design the drivers side completely flat when the passengers side is convex. Why should I have to modify the product that I purchased to go over that? I paid $78 and to have to modify it bothers me. I am sure it sticks good with the 3M tape but then the mirror on both sides is just off the glass, poor quality if that is how they all come. I assumed mine was defective. I would never put out a product that wasn't designed to fit as close to perfect as I could, sloppy work..

Thank you for everyone's input so far. I am leaning towards returning them at the moment.

• BlackDeath why not just use a extra layer of 3m tape where the gaps are? And in the vendor's defense the early models didn't have the convex mirrors, not sure when they changed.

I could do many things to make it adhere better to the convex mirror. Why didn't they make it properly to fit the mirror, it is not flat! I am not sure what you mean by early models but I have a 2015 and that is the earliest you can get. The drivers side is flat, the passengers side is not.

• BlackDeath why not just use a extra layer of 3m tape where the gaps are? And in the vendor's defense the early models didn't have the convex mirrors, not sure when they changed.

I agree with BlackDeath. For the ridiculous price you pay for some things, I should not have to "mod a mod" to make it fit. I paid for perfect and if it ain't right, I send it right back.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• If you don't mind me asking, why don't you have a Slingshot anymore?

It was getting too difficult climbing in and out of the Slingshot with my back the way it is and no immediate hope for that to change anytime soon. Having the Fab Factory top to help assist by using the bars to help was a plus, but having to bend under than down was just too much bending for the spine to handle. It sucks getting old. At least this way I'm free of all things HAHN forever (except for a boatload of iou's that I'll never be able to collect from that lying fool)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE