OG Sling Member ILL

• Who knows what the vaccines will do to us in yrs to come.

This is my brother's argument, too. Not saying this is not a possibility, but what about all the other vaccines that have been developed in my life time and before? Small pox, polio, measles, whooping cough, chicken pox, flu, shingles, pneumonia, etc. Just my 2 cents.

• The polio vaccine was not initially successful…

It actually CAUSED polio & resulted in many cases of varying degrees of paralysis & even some deaths. I chose to take the Covid vaccine but that’s my choice. I respect & understand those who are hesitant to take an experimental vaccine - that’s their right.

Article about the initial polio vaccine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• At this point I do not think you can call it a Vaccine sine it has yet to prove itself. Maybe with some time, tweaking and more testing. It was an emergency to try and solve something that no one knew much about. Had they kept politics out of it and made their case with more facts than threats I think even less people would have took the poke.

Fortunately as of today we still have a choice.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Made in China virus vs a made in the U.S.A vaccine? That was an easy choice for me. I suspect if it had not been politicized most people would feel the same. Frankly I think it’s kind of sad that people would let politics influence a decision like choosing whether or not to get vaccinated

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Made in China virus vs a made in the U.S.A vaccine? That was an easy choice for me. I suspect if it had not been politicized most people would feel the same. Frankly I think it’s kind of sad that people would let politics influence a decision like choosing whether or not to get vaccinated

For many of the unvaccinated it’s not a matter of politics, it’s a matter of not trusting, or being leery of, an experimental vaccine. I think that’s perfectly understandable. See my post above (#84) regarding the initial polio vaccine fiasco. I took the vaccine because of my age. If I was younger, I may not have. We won’t know of any potential long term consequences until down the road…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• The polio vaccine was made over 65 years ago. Calculations and tests that took days and weeks back the. Can be done in micro seconds now. Heck the scientists back then didn’t even have computers, I don’t think the time line to make traditional vaccines that had to grow actual virus cells in eggs in the 50’s can be compared to what they can do today with mnra technology that was used for the Phizer vaccine that does not even use or need to grow actual virus. As a side note even when the polio vaccine was still new and not proven every kid I knew was vaccinated by their parents

• I firmly believe that it is a personal choice whether or not you decide to take the vaccine. That being said I am glad I elected to have taken the vaccine as evidenced by this thread. After staying in close contact with Funinthesun thru his infection I believe chances are he would be on a ventilator or possibly dead without it. At 65 I’m worried about what is gonna kill me now rather than what the vaccine may cause down the road. SOMETHING is gonna get all of us sooner or later anyway!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• So glad many more here are more politically correct and eloquent than me. Same thoughts, better said and received with less hostility in the responses, so awesome job!

I get what Larry is saying, but I think some *think* they're exercising their right, when really, it's the politics still... or just not being knowledgeable... 🤷🏻‍♂️

• I think our “rights” are extremely important, but I also think that how we choose to exercise them comes with responsibility. I mean how can I morally demand my right to do something knowing that in doing so I could potentially cause harm to others? Rights without responsibility isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence

• I think our “rights” are extremely important, but I also think that how we choose to exercise them comes with responsibility. I mean how can I morally demand my right to do something knowing that in doing so I could potentially cause harm to others? Rights without responsibility isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence

What about folks that caught the virus and survived now having their own natural antibodies? I don’t think any sane person would want to pass the virus on to someone else. I took the Moderna vaccine thinking it would safeguard me. Now I find you can get the variant, possibly be a carrier with no symptoms, and will have to have a booster shot this fall!! Places wanting vaccine passports?? How is that gonna work - the honor system — look how that worked out for us with our government 😩:00008172:You watch different news programs and info is so incredibly opposing how the hell can you know who for sure is lying to us ?? I am older and have health issues but if I was younger and healthier - I may have a very different view of the vaccine. This ordeal is way more complex than a plain yes or no to gettin stuck IMO

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I agree that most people would never want to pass the virus to someone else, unfortunately I do think there are a huge number of people that never even bother to think beyond what they believe is their “right” the same people that get in fights on airplanes thinking they have some “right” not to where a mask, the same morons that think they have “rights” when they enter a private business. I don’t think these people want to hurt others I just think they don’t even think about others.

• As an interesting side note my local city council voted last week that only vaccinated people or those who could show a negative covid test in the last 72 hours would be allowed to dine indoors at restaurants or bars. Frankly i don’t mind this at all. Vaccine passports? California started issuing optional digital vaccine records some time back. Seriously if you have been vaccinated your state has a record of it so by letting the people have access to a digital record of it for their phone they are only offering me an easier way to access that info if I need it. It’s not like the government is getting information they don’t already have

• Name calling - - really? Is that your normal way to respond when you disagree with someone?