BOSCH PU-51525 Laser alignment System

• I tried searching and most of what i saw was threads on folks talking about having it done or the old 2x4 process. I'm looking for someone who might be familiar with this Bosch system that apparently some dealers use. Called the local dealer and they don't do laser alignments on slings, said they follow factory process so assuming that means 2x4 method... Got number for CO guy who was doing these and he got back to me that he moved to CA and was also using the "True Track" system. I really don't want to wait until maggie valley next year (wife 90% sold on going) so started looking for a system.

I have one of these dealer Bosch systems on the way to me - anyone know how to use it? Seller said it's new in box never used so hoping it has some instructions...but I'd rather talk to someone who's used it or seen it used and the process. I hear it differs from TrueTrack in the sense the tires stay on - thoughts or comments greatly appreciated - Thank You all!

• I tried searching and most of what i saw was threads on folks talking about having it done or the old 2x4 process. I'm looking for someone who might be familiar with this Bosch system that apparently some dealers use. Called the local dealer and they don't do laser alignments on slings, said they follow factory process so assuming that means 2x4 method... Got number for CO guy who was doing these and he got back to me that he moved to CA and was also using the "True Track" system. I really don't want to wait until maggie valley next year (wife 90% sold on going) so started looking for a system.

I have one of these dealer Bosch systems on the way to me - anyone know how to use it? Seller said it's new in box never used so hoping it has some instructions...but I'd rather talk to someone who's used it or seen it used and the process. I hear it differs from TrueTrack in the sense the tires stay on - thoughts or comments greatly appreciated - Thank You all!

Let call up Red for some help.

• I have the Polaris system but have not used it yet

Nice, will share what I learn in this thread. I understand there is a rod for putting alignment targets off rear tire - do you know if that was part of kit or separate part? Guess I should jus wait and see what shows up... but dang it's weird I can't find anything online about this thing...

• Nice, will share what I learn in this thread. I understand there is a rod for putting alignment targets off rear tire - do you know if that was part of kit or separate part? Guess I should jus wait and see what shows up... but dang it's weird I can't find anything online about this thing...

Do you need me to post “rod” pics?! :evil:8|

(Not that I’m totally gay or anything…)

:00008172:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Nice, will share what I learn in this thread. I understand there is a rod for putting alignment targets off rear tire - do you know if that was part of kit or separate part? Guess I should jus wait and see what shows up... but dang it's weird I can't find anything online about this thing...

Yes, it is long enough for the targets that are mounted on the front. The location o the instructions are on here some where. Failling that I can make a copy and mail to you.

• We will be attending Slingfest in Las Vegas in October as a vendor. Come down and get your alignment done then. :thumbsup:

The Polaris kit aligns the front to the back to prevent "crabbing" and makes for a better alignment. We set toe in at 1/8". Polaris specs are 1/8"-1/4". We've had very good success setting them like this. We've done hundreds over the last few years at multiple Sling events. We align every new Sling we sell before the customer takes delivery (pretty sure we're the only dealer that does this). Unless it's been lasered, every Sling is crooked, even the 2021's - some more than others. Tire wear and steering wheel alignment are the big benefits, plus driving one that's been lasered is a big difference - especially on twisty roads.

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

Edited 2 times, last by xd675x ().

• We will be attending Slingfest in Las Vegas in October as a vendor. Come down and get your alignment done then. :thumbsup:

The Polaris kit aligns the front to the back to prevent "crabbing" and makes for a better alignment. We set toe in at 1/8". Polaris specs are 1/8"-1/4". We've had very good success setting them like this. We've done hundreds over the last few years at multiple Sling events. We align every new Sling we sell before the customer takes delivery (pretty sure we're the only dealer that does this). Unless it's been lasered, every Sling is crooked, even the 2021's - some more than others. Tire wear and steering wheel alignment are the big benefits, plus driving one that's been lasered is a big difference - especially on twisty roads.

-Scott

Nielsen's Enterprises, (Slingshot dealer) Lake Villa, IL. Has laser that he has sold I sure since Feb 2015 I KNOW and believe everyone that has gone out the door. Hope all is well WI.

• Ok, so got part 1 of 3 apparently that I need today.... Need to track down a wheel lock or make one (think a club will work? lol) and it looks like I do need the rear alignment bar that'll hold the mirrors from the kit I did get today so laser reflects back towards front. I need more pieces though....

No description available.

• Called Bosch today or Bosch Automotive Service Solutions - they actually don't go by Bosch anymore think it was Universal now. Anyway, good news they have the two parts I need. Bad news, they won't sell to a non-dealer. Called the parts dept at local Polaris dealer (they don't offer laser align) and he's going to try to order them for me. Hoping so or I have an expensive laser paper weight!

• I'm still working this one out... Dealer did order the parts I need on 8/12 and said it would be a few weeks. Called last Friday before holiday to check the status and didn't get a call back, well yesterday got the call from parts manager with updated shipping date of "early December".... Bosch and Polaris up charges had the wheel alignment bar and steering wheel lock at $443 too - their proud of those parts....

• I've got the True Laser Track system. As I understand it the Polaris system has a long rod that installs through the rear axle with mirrors that bounce the laser back to the lasers/targets mounted on the front tires.

Hey i have a question for you.....how do u like that True Laser Track System......is it easy to set up and use......do u have any pics of whats included in the complete kit......im seriously considering buying it as im not traveling 2 hrs away for a wheel alignment.....for me, buying this item will probably pay for itself as i do work on alot of slingshots........