2019 Factory Radio Removal

• New here to the SS world.

I am trying to remove the factory radio from a 2019 Slingshot GT and can not figure out how to remove the wire with the blue cap from the back of it. It looks like it has to do with the antenna, but I am stumped.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• Lets call on a friend who may be able to help the '@' send a note to him airoutlaw

• While we’re on that subject, is there a wiring harness available for the speakers? I have the one for power, but I don’t know if I will have to hack the wires myself. What about backup camera? 2019 SLR, removing the Ride Command head unit and replacing with a Boss double-DIN CarPlay.

• While we’re on that subject, is there a wiring harness available for the speakers? I have the one for power, but I don’t know if I will have to hack the wires myself. What about backup camera? 2019 SLR, removing the Ride Command head unit and replacing with a Boss double-DIN CarPlay.

I would talk to xd675x He may have a harness for that.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Thanks, hopefully he sees this (and sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack the thread.) I am looking at various harness kits and am getting confused as to what I need. Part of the problem is I can’t find any pics or videos of what the current speaker connections even look like, just references to a 32-pin connector that goes on the back of the Ride Command head unit. I probably need that as well. Then there are speaker harnesses from Metra, some 2 wire, some three wire. I can’t tell which one I need. I see wiring kits from various places labeled “2014 and up” or “2015 and up” but then there are comments from people saying “didn’t fit my 2018” so I dunno what to trust. I used to install car radios and thought maybe I could do this myself, but that was 35 years ago. Apparently the wiring is a lot more complicated now. I didn’t want to pay the local dealer $90/hour to do it but it would be better than risking screwing it up.

Glenn

• I never did figure out how to remove that stupid plug and was really hoping someone would respond to your post and provide some insight. I just left the unit in there when I installed my amps and learned to work around it.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"