Angle Drive Fluid

• Polaris has changed the Angle drive fluid to 85W-250 for ALL Slingshots. The New part # is 2889023. API GL-5. This was originally for the 20/21 models but no more. It is now for All.

Question is, where can you get it other than Polaris? :thumbsup:

Jamesgn

• There have been issues supposedly related to the heavier gear oil, such as the heavier oil blocking the vent and thus seal(s) have been blowing out. The 75W-140 has been working fine in our 2015 so I will not be in any hurry to change.

Bill

Madstad 9" windshield, Curb Alert, Paramount Plastics 1.0 rear fender, Sedici Distanza roll Bar Bags, MeanSling hood assist, MeanSling Sport Top w/lift, DDMWorks surge tank, QA1 3-way shocks, sway bar collars

• Polaris has changed the Angle drive fluid to 85W-250 for ALL Slingshots. The New part # is 2889023. API GL-5. This was originally for the 20/21 models but no more. It is now for All.

Question is, where can you get it other than Polaris? :thumbsup:

Jamesgn

Polaris is still trying to build a successful Slingshot model.

They have attempted to build a Slingshot since 2014 with the release of the 2015 model.

They have been recalling the Slingshot every year since.

Steering,, brakes, lights, wheels, angle drive x2, seats, seat belts. j-case fuse box, fuel line connector...

And now they have determined the correct gear oil.

I'll be your guinea pig, babe.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• A fellow member here whom I respect turned me on to the Redline - used it in my 2016 and I think it did quiet things down a bit. I am using it in my 2019 and no issues 🙂 . Not sure what the weight is (75W250 compatible) but it does say “keep out of reach of children” so that does thin the heard a bit here😜