PRP SS Style Suspension Seats

• Just one small suggestion. Please consider your choice of material for the seats. If there's ANY chance you'll be riding (or parked) in the rain, do NOY go with the "cloth" insert. That stuff soaks up the water like a sponge. I got caught in a heavy rain storm only 5 miles from home. It took almost three days for the inside foam to dry out. That was AFTER I tok the cover off the seats and squeezed out about a gallon of water to each section. It didn't take me too long to order a new set of seats that were all vinyl.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• sorry to hear about your back it sucks I know the feeling all to well. I will paraphrase here a bit, I get the thing about after sitting on a pile of rocks then sitting on anything else would have to feel better but I’m ready to be sitting on something like a cloud.:thumbsup:. I don’t treat myself to often so I believe I deserve it. My wife goes with the flow as she knows it benefits her also.

• Just one small suggestion. Please consider your choice of material for the seats. If there's ANY chance you'll be riding (or parked) in the rain, do NOY go with the "cloth" insert. That stuff soaks up the water like a sponge. I got caught in a heavy rain storm only 5 miles from home. It took almost three days for the inside foam to dry out. That was AFTER I tok the cover off the seats and squeezed out about a gallon of water to each section. It didn't take me too long to order a new set of seats that were all vinyl.

• You have the choice of having the suede insert. That's the part of the seat that is not water resistent. It looks good and I lived in the desert, I would have stayed with my seats. But living in Florida where it rains almost daily during the afternoon summer rides, that was one of the worst decisions I made with the Slingshot. The only worse decision was getting ANYTHING from Hahn racecraft

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I do like the color combination on these seats and the texture where the ss logo is. The one thing I would change is where the back and cheeks are and go with not the white but I believe they had a light gray, I think that’s what I’m looking at. I like the idea that they Velcro in place like you said you can put them in the floor boards or even just flip them over . :thumbsup:

I have the light grey like you mentioned, I can take better pics this afternoon if you like

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Please do if you don’t mind. Was also reading through a post started back in 2017 I believe titled aftermarket seats and seat covers. I get it about the suede and water, but does the ostrich texture have the same absorbing properties? Like i have mentioned I do like the look of the texture but can live without, if it’s of a suede type material.

• I am still running the stock 2015-16 seats in both Slings. I have not found anything that was more comfortable for my narrow a$$.

I have to agree - I dont think they are the best looking seats, but I do find them very comfortable - - As to the heat I do have to agree that they can get very hot when parked in the sun - especially here with our 110 to 123 degree days this time of year, I carry a small towel that I lay across the seat when I park and then I tilt the seat all the way forward so that the sun cant hit it directly - - this is how it is parked out front right now and it is 111 degrees

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• the stock are a little to stiff for my back plus i don’t throw the half cover on if I run to a store and only gonna be there for 10 or 15 minutes and those black seats in the sun on a 90 degree day … need I say more. Speaking of, do you other guys find the after market seats getting hot as well?

As I mentioned above I keep a small towel in the compartment behind the drivers seat. When I park I lay that towel to cover the bottom cushion of the seat and then I tilt the back all of the way forward so that the sun cant hit it doing this keeps the seat from getting too hot to sit in - - my Slingshot is my daily driver and I have to do this almost every single day - - here in the desert the 90 degree days you mention are actually fairly cool - we probably wont have normal day time highs that low on a regular basis until sometime in mid to late September

• As I mentioned above I keep a small towel in the compartment behind the drivers seat. When I park I lay that towel to cover the bottom cushion of the seat and then I tilt the back all of the way forward so that the sun cant hit it doing this keeps the seat from getting too hot to sit in - - my Slingshot is my daily driver and I have to do this almost every single day - - here in the desert the 90 degree days you mention are actually fairly cool - we probably wont have normal day time highs that low on a regular basis until sometime in mid to late September

• seems like most remedies seem to be tilting the seat forward with a towel on the seat portion. I will use that method for now coming from people who know what the feeling of hot really is, when 90 feels like an arctic

blast! But I still am going to go with a aftermarket seat more for comfort than looks, but with all the technology out there, there should be no reason that I can’t have both. The color choices and textures are incredible and fun to play with on the prp seat finder I just need a few more answers. One, is the ostrich texture waterproof and what pvl stands for and is that also waterproof. After reading your response funinthesun I have to agree I want to go with something that is as close to all waterproof as possible.

• seems like most remedies seem to be tilting the seat forward with a towel on the seat portion. I will use that method for now coming from people who know what the feeling of hot really is, when 90 feels like an arctic

blast! But I still am going to go with a aftermarket seat more for comfort than looks, but with all the technology out there, there should be no reason that I can’t have both. The color choices and textures are incredible and fun to play with on the prp seat finder I just need a few more answers. One, is the ostrich texture waterproof and what pvl stands for and is that also waterproof. After reading your response funinthesun I have to agree I want to go with something that is as close to all waterproof as possible.

Just like a high end Lincoln Navigator you can get some seats for the Slingshot that are both heated and cooled... I have a 2016 with OEM seats and my butt in them for 86,500+ miles. Lots of options. If you can put you butt in one of the seats you would like to buy before you buy. Try to make it to a local event.

• Just like a high end Lincoln Navigator you can get some seats for the Slingshot that are both heated and cooled... I have a 2016 with OEM seats and my butt in them for 86,500+ miles. Lots of options. If you can put you butt in one of the seats you would like to buy before you buy. Try to make it to a local event.

• yea.I’m not looking to go overboard or keep up with the jones’ I’m just looking for relief. If those nice pink chairs made my back comfortable and reclined I would go with them. NOT!!! I think you catch my drift though. Everyone has there own taste as to style and looks and I respect that. I have seen a lot of nice looking rides that you all are driving, most I would have a hard time choosing which one to drive off the lot.

• ouch!

yep it is hot, but I like it, in exchange for putting up with the heat for a good part of the year I get over 350 days of sunshine a year and even in December and January when we are at our coldest our average highs are still in the 70's - - - probably one of the only places I could live and actually use my Slingshot as my daily driver - - over 4 years ago when I brought the Slingshot home I gave my car to my daughter and in the last 4 years I can count the times I have not ridden the Slingshot to work and back on my daily drives on one hand

as a funny side note the other night at around 4 in the morning we had a bit of a thunder storm when I looked at the news the next morning there was a big story saying it was the most rain we had gotten since January - it was .o8 of an inch