PRP SS Style Suspension Seats

• Anyone have these seats? I will ask first if you like them and I’m sure you will say a crate with a piece of foam is better that the stock ones and also is there another seat out there comparable in price that someone with a bad back can sit and tolerate for a 3 hour ride in some comfort? And lastly will the sling seat interfere with the amp I have under the drivers seat? People without bad backs need not reply. Just kidding😬 any input will surely help. Nothing worse than trying to get into a scorching black rubber- plastic whatever you want to call it , seat while people are watching not so much the person getting in , but being intrigued by the sling and can’t help but notice the look of pain coming from there faces while getting in.||

• I have the PRP in both of my slings. I have the original sling seat. The SS was their V2 seat. I think they are very comfortable and have ridden many miles in them. Amp will fit under the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks for the input. I think the price was a few hundred dollars difference. I have been holding out on Accessories since I bought it , well started small I should say , but I just recently upgraded the sound system foot pedals and things like that I would now like to spend the coin on one of the most over looked add ons and that’s a comfortable seat. I think it’s well worth the price for comfort. They both look nice the newer one the ss looks like they “form or Cradle for lack of better words” around the body more , but it’s hard to tell without actually sitting in them. And if you have the older style in both your ss I’m guessing the foam holds up, hopefully for years. It’s a coin flip between the 2 unless there is another brand that I haven’t come across on the net. A slight edge on the ss for style and looks , but what’s more important than looks for me and my back, is it has to be comfortable. I also believe I read something about grades of firmness and with that comes another decision. The more choices I have the harder it becomes for me to decide.

• the stock are a little to stiff for my back plus i don’t throw the half cover on if I run to a store and only gonna be there for 10 or 15 minutes and those black seats in the sun on a 90 degree day … need I say more. Speaking of, do you other guys find the after market seats getting hot as well?

• I just looked at the twist dynamics and they are very similar to the PRP ss to bad they didn’t come with more color variations. Nice looking seats I wish the seat part came in a choice or gray or lighter color. I have the 2016.5 White Pearl ss. On slingmods the pictures they have of the PRP seats on the white ss is a nice combination of colors. So far I’m leaning in that direction with maybe a different stitch pattern.

• Bad back, Army messed it up and VA said it's bad enough for 20%.... PRP seat covers over the stock seats - small ass too so maybe that's why I like the stock seats in my 18. Did 428 miles in it last Monday and got up and rode a few hundred more the next day. Guess it helps too having sat in the worst seat for hours on hours (c130 jump seats) you look at just about everything else as a level of comfort above that :D

• Stock 2015 seats as well. As far as keeping the seats cooler on those warmer days, we'll throw the cover on if we are going to be away from the SlingShot for any length of time. For the short periods we simply will tip the backs forward to shade the seat(s).

We did have the Ventilated cushions from All Things SlingShot installed for a while, but they do not fit the seats well and we found ourselves continually squirming to keep them in place.

Bill

• I have the PRP seats in a 2016.5 pearl white.and love them. They are a bit wide so be aware of that if you are a skinny person. I do have a bad back and find these seats very Comfortable . I have the lumbar support and heat in mine which helps the back a bit.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• the stock are a little to stiff for my back plus i don’t throw the half cover on if I run to a store and only gonna be there for 10 or 15 minutes and those black seats in the sun on a 90 degree day … need I say more. Speaking of, do you other guys find the after market seats getting hot as well?

102,000 miles on Sling I and I live on the coast of South Carolina. If I think there will be a problem with the hot seats I take a towel with me.

• I have the SS seats. Wife asked to upgrade after sitting in Bu11sh1t seats at the homecoming event. She hasn't asked for much on the sling and doesn't complain about my spending so when she said she wanted them I turned the designer over to her and had her make what she wanted. Wife wants to spend money on the sling who am I to argue?

Anyways, something to note that I didn't see mentioned as far as one of your issues. The seat bottoms velcro in. So if we're stopped somewhere the sun may be an issue we unlatch the seat bottoms and set them down in the floorboard out of the sun. When it's time to go we just attach them back real quick and they're cool to the cheeks.

• I have the SS seats. Wife asked to upgrade after sitting in Bu11sh1t seats at the homecoming event. She hasn't asked for much on the sling and doesn't complain about my spending so when she said she wanted them I turned the designer over to her and had her make what she wanted. Wife wants to spend money on the sling who am I to argue?

Anyways, something to note that I didn't see mentioned as far as one of your issues. The seat bottoms velcro in. So if we're stopped somewhere the sun may be an issue we unlatch the seat bottoms and set them down in the floorboard out of the sun. When it's time to go we just attach them back real quick and they're cool to the cheeks.

• I do like the color combination on these seats and the texture where the ss logo is. The one thing I would change is where the back and cheeks are and go with not the white but I believe they had a light gray, I think that’s what I’m looking at. I like the idea that they Velcro in place like you said you can put them in the floor boards or even just flip them over . :thumbsup:

• Bad back, Army messed it up and VA said it's bad enough for 20%.... PRP seat covers over the stock seats - small ass too so maybe that's why I like the stock seats in my 18. Did 428 miles in it last Monday and got up and rode a few hundred more the next day. Guess it helps too having sat in the worst seat for hours on hours (c130 jump seats) you look at just about everything else as a level of comfort above that :D