No dashlights, power-steering, headlights, tail-lights, etc but engine still turns on

• Hello All,

First time poster.

I bought a 2015 used SL. It had some aftermarket audio, wheels and glow lights installed.

In the process of examining the audio system as I was looking to make some upgrades. After removing the radio (I did not disconnect anything, but the install is horrible using electric tape for taps and grounds), and examining the sub and amps located in the passenger side storage compartment.....as the music was playing in the ACC position, the battery died so I jumped it. Upon starting the car, all the lights (dash, head, tail, power-steering, etc.) did not come back on.

I checked the battery. I checked every fuse in the box next to the ECU using a multi-meter and the relays. I also checked the fuses in the battery compartment. Everything is in tact.

Is there a hidden fuse located elsewhere? I have searched the YouTube and the web for several days now and nothing has worked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

• Pull the battery today...

Put the battery on a charger...

Bring battery to a full charge...

Install battery tomorrow.

This will allow the ECU to discharge and clear erroneous data.

A battery will not charge if internally shorted.

You may still have some codes but those should clear after a few restarts and miles.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Hello airoutlaw I greatly appreciate your feedback Sir!

Quick question, I actually removed the battery (for about 30 mins) and tried with a battery from a different vehicle and the problem still persisted.

So you believe it is actually the ECU?

Thanks in advance!

• Possible but unlikely...

Looking back at your original post

I would be leaning toward a J-box connector meltdown near the battery.

You were drawing sustained juice for a while...

Not above fuse rating but possibly enough for the under size J-box pass through connector pins to enter heater mode

Away from my Slingshot manual.

One branch of the harness supports engine operation...

The other branch feeds everything else.

The 50 and 40 Amp fuses can be fine but the pass through connector will have melted/arced the blades.

And we recently had a forum member with J-box connector meltdown of the 40 Amp fuse position that was not addressed in the 50 Amp fuse position recall.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Ahhhh that explains it! Knew I couldn't be going crazy!

I will research ASAP and determine the most convenient way to resolve it!

• Ahhhh that explains it! Knew I couldn't be going crazy!

I will research ASAP and determine the most convenient way to resolve it!

All of us that own these machines are just a little crazy. But we try to help where we can.

Come back soon and often, lots of fun and learning.