The Got Damn heat problem

• 2016 SL - So much heat around the middle dash and center console areas. Anyone have any solutions to this? When it's 95 degrees out and you are on a road trip, this thing is hottttttt!

Thinking of trying some heat shield behind the head unit and maybe some heat tape, etc..

Love the SL but man its hot in the summer!

https://xtremetunez.com/shop/ols/products/apss

Weird, haven't seen a heat complaint for a while.

On first gen units (not sure about later years) there is a huge hole in the firewall behind the center console and dash at the driver that pumps hot air between the painted and black plastic on the center console along with the known openings around all the pedals. I stuffed the area behind the dash with closed cell foam, the gap between body panels with window draft foam, and foil taped both sides around the pedals.

If you put a strong light in the engine bay at night you will be amazed how many areas bleed hot air in to the cabin from under the hood.

Also did this to help: Proof of Concept - Yeah, I was bored

......nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Also plug the holes in the firewall where the steering goes through. A small dia. pool noodle fit perfect in mine. That helped a lot but the console plastic still gets hot.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I used DEI heat screen on the back side of the center console. There is some insulation from the factory on the passenger side. I did as much as I could reach. I even put it under the top portion of the console area (the e-brake area). It had cut down on heat from this area considerably. I am now waiting on full length trans tunnel carpet to further help this area. I also used this heat screen on the firewall area on the driver side. I used foam, tape and heat screen to seal of as much of the openings on the driver's floor area as I could.

I am including a pic of the heat screen I used. I got it from Autozone. It was 25.00 for 12"x24"... I used 4 packs to cover what I did.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I have a 2016 and I also live in the desert - on my ride home today it was 115 and yes I get hot, especially sitting at lights - - I really haven't done anything specifically to seal any of the holes and my 2016 is not the later 2016 1/2 that had the extra shielding they added - - actually ever since I switched my windshield to the OEM double bubbles and installed the Assault hood vent I don't notice any unusual heat in the cockpit, before the double bubbles with the stock windshield my feet would get hot sometimes, but with the added circulation of the double bubbles and the vent to let heat out from under the hood seems to have eliminated any hot spots

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I realize this is an approach with a different angle and can be used in combination with the helpful information above. Baker air wings help immensely in the effort to cool down. You can adjust the incoming airflow to cool as needed or in the colder weather block out the cold air. Slingmods have them along with other sellers.

Baker Clamp-On Adjustable Windshield Air Wings for the Polaris Slingshot (Set of 2)

• I have a 2016 and I also live in the desert - on my ride home today it was 115 and yes I get hot, especially sitting at lights - - I really haven't done anything specifically to seal any of the holes and my 2016 is not the later 2016 1/2 that had the extra shielding they added - - actually ever since I switched my windshield to the OEM double bubbles and installed the Assault hood vent I don't notice any unusual heat in the cockpit, before the double bubbles with the stock windshield my feet would get hot sometimes, but with the added circulation of the double bubbles and the vent to let heat out from under the hood seems to have eliminated any hot spots

Ive got the 16.5 version. Still hot. But I need to close up the center console upper dash area for sure. I love the idea of the vented hood! Time for another upgrade I think. Just got done with a whole stereo upgrade. Love it!!! 10.1" Kenwood in center dash FTW!!

• On cool evenings I rest my arm on the e brake handle and hold onto the shifter base, there's enough heat there then to warm your whole body , when its like +90 out you could fry an egg there with plenty of the engine bay heat travelling out right through the tranny tunnel

• With our 2015, we added the Polaris muffler heat shield, GM exhaust manifold shield, but not the radiator shroud. We also have the Madstad adjustable windshield, which when raised in the summer keeps the passenger compartment comfortable even on the warmest days. And in the winter when we shut it down, along with installing the MeanSling Sport Top, enough warmth is maintained within the passenger compartment to keep us comfy even in the coolest weather allowing year round riding enjoyment, a totally win/win situation.

Bill