2nd Battery addition

• I thought it was odd that the Slingshot had a motorcycle battery.... until I realized it's the same battery in my 2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring, a 2.3L engine.

• Bigdog what is the point of posting links to products that are only for slingshots up to 2019? and not for a 2020 slingshot? - - did you read the OP?

I own a 2015...... I haven’t kept up with changes made on other years. I’m not looking to get rid of mine till the wheels fall off. So I didn’t know they moved the battery. That said if the frame area where the original battery location was hasn’t changed...a full size battery could still fit in that spot. My next question would be is there room under the hood to put a bigger battery, with a possible change made to the existing tray? The only issue with putting the battery in the old rear location would be running new battery cables to the engine compartment and adding the tray.

did I read somewhere that the reason for the rear battery location was for weight distribution?
    also adding a battery in an enclosed storage area could be an issue because of the acid fumes? I.e. explosion or fumes permeating any items stored in that compartment especially clothing ... years ago I was hauling a battery in the trunk of my car....it fell over and acid went everywhere.....it wasn’t a pretty sight. Let’s just say I’m not in favor of putting a battery in the storage area.

• Me personally, i prefer that battery in the back, less chance of it getting damaged IMO

I agree, it also keeps it away from the heat of the engine compartment - Down here in the desert the heat is known to kill batteries so anything that can reduce heat has to be a good thing :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies