2nd Battery addition

• I have a 2020 R model with some L.E.Ds and thinking about adding more. I was wondering if anyone has tried to utilize the original battery location that was behind the driver to add a second battery to deal with the power draw of multiple additions to the vehicle? I'm really thinking of trying to do this.

• When you add a second battery, it is presented as an extra load on the charging system. You need to take this into consideration, and weigh whether you actually need it. An alternator with a higher output may be needed.

If you need the battery to run the lights while the key is off, then again, you need to understand that while you are driving around your charging system is actually being strained.

• https://www.slingmods.com/pola…tricled?search=Battery%20

https://www.slingmods.com/arbo…ingshot?search=Fuse%20box

eliminate the motorcycle battery.....

Add the big battery tray.......

get a car battery like the 2015 slingshot...

run a separate larger wire connection to a neutrino fuss box or other fuse box using the new battery terminal hot wire connectors.

Don’t add anymore lights, etc to the existing 50 amp chassis circuit..... creat your own new circuit.

You can control the 6 neutrino circuits from your cell phone. It’s a total of 60 amps fuse box.

• Exactly !

• I have a 2020 R model with some L.E.Ds and thinking about adding more. I was wondering if anyone has tried to utilize the original battery location that was behind the driver to add a second battery to deal with the power draw of multiple additions to the vehicle? I'm really thinking of trying to do this.

You asked about adding an additional battery...

Look into battery isolators.

Maintain the starting battery then the auxiliary.

Screw Bigdog and his only way to to do it concepts.

Your options are numerous.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• let’s see.....2 pee pee batteries or 1 manly battery....

There is a lack of on board storage already why kill it with another tiny battery... makes no sense. When they put our 2.4 motor in cars...they didn’t put in a motorcycle battery.... polaris had it right in the early years..... the Motorcycle battery was only used to cut down on the out the door Weight ...I never had a motorcycle battery last more than 2 years and it was constantly low on water..... checking and filling every other week... .and you want him to have 2 batteries to constantly babysit. And replace every other year.....I’m still on my original 2015 battery.... the battery in my pick up truck lasted 9 years....sits outside all year long just like my slingshot...

• Don't bring your Richard to another thread.

No one said anything about another motorcycle battery...

Don't remember the last time I had to top off a low maintenance battery.

Gel cell batteries...

Pros and cons to everything.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• so, a question, I have no experience with the new 2020 & 2021 Slingshots, but I do know they relocated the battery from the back to up under the hood on the passenger side - - so my question is does the frame still even have the mounting plate back in the old location that could be used for a second battery?" - - seems to me that in moving the battery they probably would have eliminated the plate that was a part of the frame to reduce weight.

does anyone have any pictures of that area on a 2020 / 2021? also curious if the access panel is still the same even though there is no batter back there

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bigdog what is the point of posting links to products that are only for slingshots up to 2019? and not for a 2020 slingshot? - - did you read the OP?

• Edward Neal what's the point of asking what's the point? It's like talking to a wall, this guy...

Sorry, I can't help it, I keep hoping he might actually start listening instead of just preaching - - - got to have hope don't ya?

• That’s what I thought. Might still be usable as a location, much more work to fabricate a holder for a battery

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info