What Now ........šŸ˜” ( UPDATE )

• ......so im driving along YESTERDAY (local streets so fcuking thankful) heading home from Home Depot and (not making this up) the damnnnnnnnn slingshot cut off on me while in gear, ALL POWER , no music, no lights on the dash, NO POWER and i just coasted to the the side of the road right along a damn cemetery ( my luck ) ......so now im like wtf ......checked under the hood, everything nice and tight ( i know my work ) playing around with the remotes for my alarm & remote start NOTHING. .......So im saying to myself maybe its the main fuse & ill need to get back there and check ........ about 5-10 mins later i heard my alarm chirp & said let me try it again and ON everything came.......so i said let me rush this home and see whats going on. ........get home everything fine, this has never happened b4 to me.........So today i said ill take it out and see but ill stay local ........went straight to Sunoco , filled up & BAM it wouldnt start NOTHING, So now im thinking ELECTRICAL ISSUE somewhere ...... now i had replaced the batteries in both remotes yesterday (scorpio alarm & key fob for guard dawg remote start) BUT what i did was pop out the ON & OFF switch for the Guard Dawg remote and touched both contacts with my trusted leatherman (dont know how i would live without one) and BAM lights came on and she woke the fcuk back up..........so i have an issue with my guard dawg remote im guessing, made it back home & will remedy in a few days , have a few 2 wheel bikes to work on............

• Wouldnā€™t hurt to check your battery cable connections.

I get that, for the starting issue, but would a loose connection cause it to suddenly die on him while he's cruising down the road. I know a motorcycle usually won't run if the battery is not connected properly, but I thought the Slingshot was more like a car in that it only requires the battery to start it... šŸ¤”

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• my girlfriend had a mustang that would die out of the blue doing 50-60 mph. Lost all control.... nobody at the Ford garage knew what the issue was....or at least they didnā€™t want to spill the beans..... I eventually sold the car with a big buyer beware...

That said after I sold it I found out what the problem was... now this was years ago..... it was either the crank shaft sensor or the cam shaft sensor..... it killed the entire vehicle. But shouldnā€™t that have thrown a code?

• my girlfriend had a mustang that would die out of the blue doing 50-60 mph. Lost all control.... nobody at the Ford garage knew what the issue was....or at least they didnā€™t want to spill the beans..... I eventually sold the car with a big buyer beware...

That said after I sold it I found out what the problem was... now this was years ago..... it was either the crank shaft sensor or the cam shaft sensor..... it killed the entire vehicle. But shouldnā€™t that have thrown a code?

And that my friend was what i was looking for, a error code, a warning light , something to warn me BUT noooooo, just cut off on me out of the blue.........believe me ill find the issue or sell it :thumbsup:

• I have seen that exact same thing happen and it was a bad ground wire at the battery. Will not throw a code

Crazy we chased it on a buddies sling four hours, took apart the ground connections cleaned everything and sucker started up and ran great

Weird thing is nothing was loose

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have seen that exact same thing happen and it was a bad ground wire at the battery. Will not throw a code

Crazy we chased it on a buddies sling four hours, took apart the ground connections cleaned everything and sucker started up and ran great

Weird thing is nothing was loose

Mitch I for one am very glad your hanging around to share your vast knowledge of the Slingshot. THANKS...

• so will an intermittent electrical problem throw a code? Or does it have to be steady?

Oil, water or dirt in a sensor connector plug could interrupt the signal. You might want to try to unplug and plug (several times to clean the pins) all the sensor connectors.... on the schematic...corruption/ corrosion can sometimes build up on connector pins... I frequently have to do this on all my PA system plugs. And I Have to spin the pot knobs back and forth to clean the contacts.... and the sliders...up and down. Intermittent cut outs are very hard to find. I would rather see smoke, fire or an explosion ...then I can say....OK thatā€™s the problem.
    Also slightly pull on the wires in the plugs to make sure one isnā€™t loose.

• ......so im driving along YESTERDAY (local streets so fcuking thankful) heading home from Home Depot and (not making this up) the damnnnnnnnn slingshot cut off on me while in gear, ALL POWER , no music, no lights on the dash, NO POWER and i just coasted to the the side of the road right along a damn cemetery ( my luck ) ......so now im like wtf ......checked under the hood, everything nice and tight ( i know my work ) playing around with the remotes for my alarm & remote start NOTHING. .......So im saying to myself maybe its the main fuse & ill need to get back there and check ........ about 5-10 mins later i heard my alarm chirp & said let me try it again and ON everything came.......so i said let me rush this home and see whats going on. ........get home everything fine, this has never happened b4 to me.........So today i said ill take it out and see but ill stay local ........went straight to Sunoco , filled up & BAM it wouldnt start NOTHING, So now im thinking ELECTRICAL ISSUE somewhere ...... now i had replaced the batteries in both remotes yesterday (scorpio alarm & key fob for guard dawg remote start) BUT what i did was pop out the ON & OFF switch for the Guard Dawg remote and touched both contacts with my trusted leatherman (dont know how i would live without one) and BAM lights came on and she woke the fcuk back up..........so i have an issue with my guard dawg remote im guessing, made it back home & will remedy in a few days , have a few 2 wheel bikes to work on............

Check out this thread. Iā€™m linking you to page 3 where you can see one member had same issue & it ended up being in the fuse blockā€¦

Engine dies while running down the road

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks for the info BUT this morning as im getting in it to start it up and move it out of my garage it wouldnt come on AGAIN so i decided its time to figure out whats the issue and found that its my Digital Guard Dawg remote start........i disconnected it and reinstalled my oem ignition back up and BOOM on it came......so now ill drive it using the key til i get a new digital guard dawg remote......

• MADDMOE

Changed the title of the thread from ā€œWhat Now ........šŸ˜”ā€ to ā€œWhat Now ........šŸ˜” (Digital Guard Dawg keyless system Failure)ā€.
  • I have the polaris security system. Itā€™s my understanding that if the remotes battery power is too low things related to the alarm wonā€™t work. I have two remotes, one holds a charge much longer than the other one. So before I ride anywhere I check the battery indicator on them. Iā€™ll get a message on it if itā€™s too low.

It also came with 2 chargers....I keep one in the kitchen with a remote always plugged in and I keep the other charger in my glove box just in case.

• Digital guarddawg needs a minimum battery level to work. If there is a parasitic drain, that can discharge battery between uses. 11.4v I think?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Have a upgrade alternator, cables and a volt Meter, dont think thats the issue......i believe that about 4 years of having it , that it lived its shelf life

• [quote='MADDMOE','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10256-what-now-digital-guard-dawg-keyless-system-failure/&postID=355602#post355602']

Digital guarddawg needs a minimum battery level to work. If there is a parasitic drain, that can discharge battery between uses. 11.4v I think?

Have a upgrade alternator, cables and a volt Meter, dont think thats the issue......i believe that about 4 years of having it , that it lived its shelf life

[/quote]

Hope not, mine will be 4 years old in August

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Hope not, mine will be 4 years old in August

Well if you been following this thread , you see the issue i had while driving TWICE & the 3rd time wouldnt start in my garage but once i removed the whole harness and installed my ignition back ...... no issues as of now....... hope NO ONE has that issue because it could have been worse ALOT worse.........dont get me wrong ill be ordering a new one from them because i see they have the new key fob also, i had the old one.......and because its something thats mad convenient to me BUT IF IT HAPPENS ONE MORE TIME ill remove it and NEVER go back to it........

• I had an incident years ago with a $500 printer. Long story short....in order to reset it and clear the error ...the unit needed to be unplugged and plugged from the wall 3 times. I now use this lesson on everything electronic ....I unplug and plug everything 10 times...TVs, printers, computers.......if it has removable/replaceable batteries I take them out....before I consider my next options.......this would include the slingshot.....disconnection the negative battery terminal is the first thing I do. All These electronic brains get scrambled. Before I figured out the secret printer issue I ordered a new $500 printer....now I have 2 $500 printers.

• MADDMOE

Changed the title of the thread from ā€œWhat Now ........šŸ˜” (Digital Guard Dawg keyless system Failure)ā€ to ā€œWhat Now ........šŸ˜” ( UPDATE )ā€.
  • Ok so went on a ride Saturday and at 75mph it cut off on me on the damn NJ TURNPIKE :cursing:.....spent about an hr on the shoulder with a few others til i removed the battery cover and touch something and it powered up, FAST FORWARD til now and this is what i found & when i start it up without the 40amp bottom fuse thats running hot as you can see, it doesnt start and replicates the issue i had ( My Digital Gaurd Dawg might be good afterall, glad i havent THROWN it out YET ).....NOW i have to go to the electrical diagrams and see what is causing this but in the meantime im cutting out that wire and placing a 40amp fuse holder like the recall for the top fuse that polaris required