I told them the corn wasn't ready for picking!

• Well I got up early yesterday to get a few acres of grass cut before the sun baked my little brain. But I go a panicked call from Designer that they had a little problem. It seems they were driving along the road and Cathy wanted to stop and pick some corn. OK that is not exactly how it happened but here is is in Marty's own words

Event summary

- enroute to Lancaster farm, we struck a loose chunk of concrete with the rear wheel

- around 20 minutes later, steering started to feel funny, so we slowed down a bit

- all hell broke loose when the tire left the rim

- lost control of the vehicle - swerved off the road and down a fairly steep embankment ending up spinning around before coming to a stop in the corn field

- first thoughts were relief that we were not injured (glad we were not on a 2 wheel bike)

- second thought was how much dirt and corn was in the cabin with us

- walked up to the Amish farmers house and explained the situation

- he suggested I try to drive out as far as possible - good idea

- made it out of the corn mostly

- farmer pulled us back to his driveway with a tractor (on steel wheels of course)

- buddy picked us up and gave a ride back to the house where we had a spare wheel/tire

- bolted on wheel and drove home no problems - will need to spend some time underneath to confirm if there was any damage

Lesson learned - if we hit something that could damage a tire, better stop and look

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I spoke with Marty this afternoon _ sling did very well on its adventure obviously the rear wheel was toast and the front end got a little mashed in so he needs to replace the support bar up front. Something a little off with the right front, he is going to try another wheel to eliminate that as the cause, may need an alignment, nothing was visibly bent.

I think I am going to send him a bushel of corn just for shits and giggles

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• MACAWS I did not tell you that Terry did a little off road ditch riding Sat. in Maggie. Keith wanted me to lead on the way back and we were running a little fast. Terry was a little too hot in the turn and rode down the ditch bending the front bar.

Glad he is OK

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Glad everyone is okay as well since all accidents are dangerous??

Also, I know some that has a good Used 2017 Front Bumper assembly trying to sell since sold slingshot over a year ago!

You can contact me and I will forward your information or get more info as needed?

• Hello everybody,

Thanks Mitch for posting the photos and the kind words

The farmers name was Jacob (at least that's what he told me - may have been Eli)

When I offered to pay for the tow, he kind of seemed unsure. When I offered to pay for the corn, he said yes

The bike seems fine. I spent most of yesterday underneath cleaning and looking for any damage. The brake support bracket on the swing arm was bent. The front tube bracket is done. We had bent it before in the possum incident a coupe of years ago. The plastic held up pretty well. One wing has a cracked corner.

In hindsight my analysis is as follows. We punctured the rear tire. We were able to continue driving on it with no air due to the short side wall section. As mentioned above, the steering felt a bit funny in the last few minutes prior to failure. Next time we know to stop first before we go corn picking.

• Who knew that Slingshots were not only fast, but great corn harvesters as well??????

I asked Designer if he logged the location into his GPS so he could add that route through the cornfield to his next spirited group ride!! :00008356::00008356:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Hey Designer ,

Just saw this. So glad to hear that you and Cathy are okay. I'm usually pretty quick with something witty. But I think I will just stick to "glad you both are okay."

BTW, i know a guy who has a John Deere Harvester...just in case you have another sudden urge for corn!!!:D

• Hey Designer ,

Just saw this. So glad to hear that you and Cathy are okay. I'm usually pretty quick with something witty. But I think I will just stick to "glad you both are okay."

BTW, i know a guy who has a John Deere Harvester...just in case you have another sudden urge for corn!!!:D

Howdy Mr. Shot. Either I've missed your posts, or I'm getting to old to be near technology, but it sure is GREAT seeing you back here. Hope all is well with you guys

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hello again,

To anyone interested in the bike repair, here is what we found.

- the frame and all running gear seem fine

- plan to check alignment, but drives straight enough

- the front end took a hit. The support bracket was bent beyond repair (had been straightened before).

- purchased and installed a new support

- took a sander to the black plastic - no longer pebble grain along the bottom

- looking pretty OK again

The short answer is YES, We are planning to get a different machine for harvesting corn