Progressive Insurance Snapshot

• Just say “NO”

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• [quote='EjFord','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10235-progressive-insurance-snapshot/&postID=354296#post354296']

Today I got an e-mail from Progressive Insurance.... My Slingshot insurance.
    Want me to test there Snapshot app They want to track my driving habits... NO Way.

I I figure I drive just a little more and aggressive than they would like..... And I'm one of the slow old guys.....

[/quote]

I got the same email, agree, not giving insurance a peek into braking and acceleration data. If my 10 year ticket-free record isnt good enuff, too bad for them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• You CAN'T use the Snapshot program even if you want to. Their device plugs into your obd!! port so they can log your driving habits. As we all know, Polaris does not have that port and uses their digital wrench systems to read data, Now if they say it will work on the digital wrench, I'd say take it. Then a few weeks after driving like you have a bowl of goldfish on the passenger seat, tell them someone must have stolen it. Then have on of the talented electrical guys here see if they can hack into it to give you live data that is useful for the rank and file to use

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have Onstar on my truck and had to call them to figure out how to make my truck stop emailing me about excessive speed and barking.

Leave the dog at home to solve the barking issue…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I think it was a 'phone app' but either way .....NO....

When I called my insurance company to explore insuring the 'Vette they tried to hard sell me on that app. They told me, 'we have a client that saved over 15% on their bill'. I said, 'Lady, I'm insuring a Vette and I have a Slingshot. That guy probably has a Prius. If I get your app you'll raise my rates, then cancel me, and then I'll go to jail.

I ended up with Hagerty which insures non-daily-drivers (but not the Sling). Much better deal.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I called my insurance company to explore insuring the 'Vette they tried to hard sell me on that app. They told me, 'we have a client that saved over 15% on their bill'. I said, 'Lady, I'm insuring a Vette and I have a Slingshot. That guy probably has a Prius. If I get your app you'll raise my rates, then cancel me, and then I'll go to jail.

I ended up with Hagerty which insures non-daily-drivers (but not the Sling). Much better deal.

Doug Dan from Texas has done a good job for a lot of us with insurance.

• I could have some fun with that app. I own a small airplane and could give them some 125mph+ results or better yet know a few folks who skydive who could take my phone with them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• To be honest I really don’t see how they can think an app like that can be reliably trusted. How hard would it be to simply turn it off when you wanted to drive aggressively or to turn it on when riding with someone driving super conservatively. I know some companies have a device that actually connects to the cars port and that might work, but a phone app?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• He couldn't really help me, but I found a small local company that did save me a good amount of money. Saved even more by selling the sling!

if saving money was the priority you probably never would have bought a Slingshot - - and you certainly wouldn't hang out here where we could help you learn about all the possible mods you could make 8o

As a side note have you started modding the Jeep yet?

• if saving money was the priority you probably never would have bought a Slingshot - - and you certainly wouldn't hang out here where we could help you learn about all the possible mods you could make 8o

As a side note have you started modding the Jeep yet?

Did you really think I could have a vehicle and not start making changes - new stuff arriving daily!

This will be more painful than the slingshot mods

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Did you really think I could have a vehicle and not start making changes - new stuff arriving daily!

This will be more painful than the slingshot mods

Sounds fun! :thumbsup: