Full Slingshot Cover

• drfubar

Changed the title of the thread from “Slingshot Cover” to “Full Slingshot Cover”.
  • I have the Covermax cover for my Slingshot with the Fab Factory top. It fits fine and SHOULD also fit with your top, but I haven't tried that out. The only issue I have is that there in NOBODY making a trailering cover for the Slingshot with a roof. You'd think at the price that Polaris charges for their Sling Shade roof, they would have come out with one that works for that roof. I'm sure it would also work for a LOT of other tops and the demand is there for one. HINT HINT HINT

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Get a car cover for a misdsize Honda or Toyota. I use one that I bought a long time ago from Menards. The box said it was for a Corolla. Covers all the surfaces n my Sling.

I may try this one. Amazon has them for about $50. If I don't like it, I'll send it back.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Here's some pics I posted somewhere of the CarCovers.com Platinum cover for the Slingshot, They were taken just after I received the cover and it's still wrinkled. I left the cover on for a couple days and was able to repack the cover into the carry bag that came with the cover (a real rarity based on my experience with other covers). The cover has a soft internal cloth covering and an animal walked on it, resulting on some internal paw prints since my Slingshot needed washing at the time. With the addition of some extra tie-down eyelets to provide a tighter fit to the Slingshot, and with some additional padding to protect the paint on the hood wings and sides of the rear deck, this cover might work as a trailering cover, but I have never tied doing so or adding any extra padding. Note - In Picture 4, I had some shorter motorcycle mirrors installed that simply screwed into the mirror mount screw holes, not the bigger Polaris mirrors.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I have been using the Walmart sold Budge size 2 for several years now and works perfect with my Slingshot with Slingshade ???

Also, pretty sure that Polaris has come out with a Slingshade Slingshot full cover ??

• I have been using the Walmart sold Budge size 2 for several years now and works perfect with my Slingshot with Slingshade ???

Also, pretty sure that Polaris has come out with a Slingshade Slingshot full cover ??

At one point, Polaris advertised that a Slingshade cover was coming, but once the ads initially appeared, the Slingshade version appeared to specifically exclude use as a trailering cover. At the time, Polaris listed the original cover and specifically stated it was for use as a trailering cover.

This item is listed as coming in June 2021 and states it is a trailering cover, but a Slingshade cover (trailering or other use) is not listed at this time.

• This is my SS with a roof and that’s a cover max slingshot cover. It fits perfectly and I also have a rear fender you can see the cover fully covers it. I use a cable lock under the SS from side to side mainly just to hold the cover on. There are also 2 red bricks one on each side to help. The cover fits I

Under the front spoiler. I would definitely buy this cover again. It’s heavy duty and had a slight liner inside.

after a rather bad cover experience with a 2 wheeler I highly recommend that the cover doesn’t touch the ground so air can circulate under the SS to prevent condensation and rust. You can see this cover rides high enough.

picture of the roof
    My SS sits outside all year. I already burnt through two other covers from dry rot. They aren’t as heavy as this one they were more like rip stop nylon. This one is like a canvas blue Jean weight combo.

• the black cover is starting to turn to a (fast) gray color ...however since my driveway is in direct sunlight all day.....every day......think of what the sun is doing to your paint without a cover. The only time my SS is uncovered is when I’m driving it.

• the black cover is starting to turn to a (fast) gray color ...however since my driveway is in direct sunlight all day.....every day......think of what the sun is doing to your paint without a cover. The only time my SS is uncovered is when I’m driving it.

Wonder if this might help ....

https://www.amazon.com/Scotchg…la-4584207577079588&psc=1

..... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I’m on my 3rd cover. At this point I’ve resigned myself to the fact I’m going to be buying covers every few years. Price you pay for not having a garage to park in. Fading isn’t the biggest issue. It’s the dry rot from the sun. The cover gets extremely hot. Fabric drys out. UV protections can’t stop the extreme heat... sunshine is hot. I consider the cover a sacrifice item to save the paint/ body plastic.

FYI, I did spray the first cover thinking I was going out smart the sun..... sun wins every time.