filling the slingshot with gas

• Hold the nozzle so that it is pointing to about one 'o clock. If you look inside the fill tube you will see that that is the angle of the tube going to the tank. Lining the nozzle up with the tube should make it better.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The 2020+ has two plastic guides that the nozzle just fits between. I don't know about the years before 2020. If you don't stick the nozzle between them you are going to have problems.. Even then if the pump delivers fuel to quickly it will give shut off. I see you said that you are trying to pump slow so I would bet on nozzle position.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Here in California we have those smog control vapor return gas nozzles and if they don't seal correctly they can be a pain in the butt - there is one station I often gas at that the only way to get it to stay on when gassing the sling is to hold the end sealing part up with my left hand and operate the trigger grip with my right - - on the other hand I gassed at a different station this morning and the nozzle worked perfectly and I could even lock it on and it kept going until the tank was full

fortunately the tank is so small that even if I have to use both hands to get the pump to work it really isn't that inconvenient

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• sometimes I can fill it without a problem and others not.....same with my pick up truck... it’s all in the angle...

I try to get it in between the guides and stick it in so I can watch inside the top the tube... ..once I get it going I can squeeze the handle all the way down.....stop filling when it shuts off automatically....don’t over fill any vehicle.. no top offs.... .it screws up the vacuum test. Sucks gas where it’s not supposed to be....

that all said....I usually go to the same gas station and the same pump...so I know exactly how it works..... maybe different pumps operate at different pressures which could cause your problem...

My inside guides point at about 10 o’clock looking at it from the side...

• Here in California we have those smog control vapor return gas nozzles and if they don't seal correctly they can be a pain in the butt - there is one station I often gas at that the only way to get it to stay on when gassing the sling is to hold the end sealing part up with my left hand and operate the trigger grip with my right - - on the other hand I gassed at a different station this morning and the nozzle worked perfectly and I could even lock it on and it kept going until the tank was full

fortunately the tank is so small that even if I have to use both hands to get the pump to work it really isn't that inconvenient

Man I hated those. I got very frustrated the first time I encountered them, and ended up doing just that (holding the rubber gasket with one hand).

• Man I hated those. I got very frustrated the first time I encountered them, and ended up doing just that (holding the rubber gasket with one hand).

as long as its been this way here it actually seems very normal, in fact when I am in other states where they don't have the huge collar around the nozzle like they do here I always have to do a double take to be sure I am not grabbing the diesel nozzle

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies