Slingmods.........(Thermal R&D Exhaust DELAYS)

• Don't blame any supplier right now. I work in Supply Chain/Purchasing. Things are bad right now all over the world.

• Can't get chrome plating done because the process has to be completely shut down for every Covid positive test.
    • Can't get machined metals because they can't get the raw stock.
    • My Stainless Steel supplier stopped taking any orders for 2021 and our current orders (from Jan-Mar) are pushed to 2022.
    • Malaysia is on a 60% personnel limit due to Covid.
    • UPS & FedEx are AVERAGING 8 days for international over night. I've had "overnight" shipments take 14+ days. Heck, they even stopped publishing their tracking while in route and just tell you when it's been shipped and when it is delivered.
    • Lumber prices are through the roof because labor shortages in both logging and the lumber plants.
    • Japan had 2 fires at 2 major computer chip factories, stopping their production entirely.
    • US auto makers laid off 27,000 people due to the chip shortages.
    • There are 6,000+ travel trailers sitting in Elkhart Indiana waiting for single parts to be completed.
    • And Chick-Fil-A will only give you 1 sauce for their nuggets.

The Chic-fil-A one sauce deal is what really grinds my gears. LOL:D

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Don't blame any supplier right now. I work in Supply Chain/Purchasing. Things are bad right now all over the world.

• Can't get chrome plating done because the process has to be completely shut down for every Covid positive test.
    • My Stainless Steel supplier stopped taking any orders for 2021 and our current orders (from Jan-Mar) are pushed to 2022.
    • UPS & FedEx are AVERAGING 8 days for international over night. I've had "overnight" shipments take 14+ days. Heck, they even stopped publishing their tracking while in route and just tell you when it's been shipped and when it is delivered.
    • Lumber prices are through the roof because labor shortages in both logging and the lumber plants.
    • Japan had 2 fires at 2 major computer chip factories, stopping their production entirely.
    • There are 6,000+ travel trailers sitting in Elkhart Indiana waiting for single parts to be completed.

8|:)

• So...

Painless?

Oh, wasn't meant at all to be presented in that way. Please separate the two as necessary or omit one or the other. My last ten years were spent working the supply chain. Very luckily for me I got out January 2020 just when covid emerged. I understand the supply issues which can include many, natural disasters, man made disasters to include war and conflict, social & economic issues, transportation, politics, terrorism (to include Hacking), cost, and yes covid. The current preferred supply system of "just-in-time" works great and is very efficient IF there are no disruptions. Given the current political climate my opinion is a hybrid structure considering priority impact should be considered. I also am aware the larger the supplier is the more options they have to include multiple sources of supply to mitigate supply disruption. Many of these options simply are not possible for smaller business's. Most of the slingshot community depends on 3rd party suppliers. It allows sellers a way to offer products collectively while reducing the cost of storage and the risks involved. It benefits the seller and suppliers in a collective way.

• Agreed!

And ordered new windows and siding... 6 month wait. Oh well, chance to save. There goes a supercharger, 4 wheel conversion and then some!

Well, there you go Marco I bet the salesman told you that the new windows are super energy efficient, low e glass double pane yada yada yada. He probable even said they are so well built that they "will pay for themselves over time". So there you go. Tell the company you took the salesman's advice and have then go after the WINDOWS to pay the bill. THEN you can use the savings to buy that Super Charger from Dave that you're dying to buy

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Oh, wasn't meant at all to be presented in that way. Please separate the two as necessary or omit one or the other. My last ten years were spent working the supply chain. Very luckily for me I got out January 2020 just when covid emerged. I understand the supply issues which can include many, natural disasters, man made disasters to include war and conflict, social & economic issues, transportation, politics, terrorism (to include Hacking), cost, and yes covid. The current preferred supply system of "just-in-time" works great and is very efficient IF there are no disruptions. Given the current political climate my opinion is a hybrid structure considering priority impact should be considered. I also am aware the larger the supplier is the more options they have to include multiple sources of supply to mitigate supply disruption. Many of these options simply are not possible for smaller business's. Most of the slingshot community depends on 3rd party suppliers. It allows sellers a way to offer products collectively while reducing the cost of storage and the risks involved. It benefits the seller and suppliers in a collective way.

Yep and I'm now in the semi-conductor industry with "Copy Exactly!" (an Intel term) which means I can't just switch suppliers when I want to. Literally 80%+ of what I buy is dictated as to who the manufacturer is. The only choice I get is on "build to print" items such as sheet metal or wire harnesses. So what happens when I'm told that I have to buy from Mfgr X and he has a supply disruption? I can't just go to Mfgr Y to buy it as that violates the "Copy Exactly!" and needs a year of qualification and White Paper approvals through multiple levels of customers.

• Amazing how fragile the supply chain is. Incoming containers are sitting outside ports waiting to get in, suppliers send what they want, buyers can only take what is sent, and as consumers we can only buy what is available.

Long live the creative and courageous entrepreneurs that make it happen.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

WTF one sauce......

• I found a thread where I can share my frustration. I ordered a bunch of parts from slingmods and they shipped pretty quickly. My issue is with FedEx.

Here are the details:

-SlingMods shipped FedEx Ground from California on 6/9. As any Slingshot owner would, I have tracked my order every day.

-Anticipated delivery was 6/17.

-As of early morning 6/16, the package was sitting at a FedEx facility just one hour from my house in Upstate NY. **Cool! I should have my parts on 6/17!**

Do you know where it is now?!?! ORLANDO!!!! (With a delivery date of 6/24).

My best guess is nobody pulled my package from the truck. It sat there for 24 hours before heading south. Imagine my surprise when it showed my package was in Virginia at 5pm the day of delivery.

By comparison, a different part shipped (from the same order) from Daytona, FL on 6/11 via USPS. It arrived in my mailbox 3 days later!

Hey, slingmods. When the remainder of my order ships, can I implore you NOT to ship it FedEx? Thanks.

Thanks for letting me vent!

John

• Be glad that FedEx still tells you where it is in transit. UPS has completely removed all in-transit checks from the tracking. You only now know what day it shipped and what day it arrived. It doesn't even tell you when it is projected to arrive anymore. Here's a current shipment coming to me from oversees (business transaction) - it shipped on Wednesday from Singapore:

• Oh how i hate Fed ex too.......

• I've learned to always call my order in. If they have it, I get it in 2 or 3 days. If they don't or if they are essentially reselling something from another source...it can take weeks. You can't tell while shopping online but call them and they're happy to tell you.