Slingmods.........(Thermal R&D Exhaust DELAYS)

• ...... Feeling the need to start this thread DUE to the extended period of time it is taking to get certain parts ( exhaust ) now IM NOT BASHING em because i have never had any issues and love their support they provide BUT im talking about an order that was placed on 04/10 and still no knowledge of whats going on .........

......anyone else experiencing any delay in orders.......

• If I may suggest, maybe some patience in this day and age where there is a delay on many items out there due to COVID. We ordered a new garage door in February and have been told we may now see it by July/August due to lack of labor. Several Amazon items have taken much longer to arrive, as well as other accessories for the SlingShot itself.

Bill

• If I may suggest, maybe some patience in this day and age where there is a delay on many items out there due to COVID. We ordered a new garage door in February and have been told we may now see it by July/August due to lack of labor. Several Amazon items have taken much longer to arrive, as well as other accessories for the SlingShot itself.

Bill

They might need to communicate better ( 2 months & counting )

• ...... Feeling the need to start this thread DUE to the extended period of time it is taking to get certain parts ( exhaust ) now IM NOT BASHING em because i have never had any issues and love their support they provide BUT im talking about an order that was placed on 04/10 and still no knowledge of whats going on .........

......anyone else experiencing any delay in orders.......

Got you beat by a long shot, but it's not slingmods. I'm with you and also not bashing but it's getting ridiculous! I understand there is a back log on the supply system. What is frustrating is the total lack of basic information. I placed an order for an exhaust system paid for back in December of last year. Yes, that long ago. Still nothing. No information, nothing. All I want to hear is basic info, something like there is a supply demand of XX. You are number XX in the demand chain. Their producing XX per month and we expect an order fulfillment at this time. Surly someone must know this info? If not the supply system just throws things into the wind and the lucky people get the part? No control of the supply chain. Frustrated, I removed my body side panels, speaker pods & exhaust system months ago believing the parts would arrive at any time. Holding and awaiting believing it's just around the corner but the corner keeps getting kicked back.

• I can tell you all that the supply chain for virtually everything is an absolute mess. there are shortages of almost every material and no one can get reasonable answers. We have experienced it at every level of manufacturing.

I am torn between giving a thumbs up showing that I agree and understand, or a thumbs down because I agree and understand? :/

It is truly a sad case of affairs when the American people are more content staying at home and sponging off of the Government than going out and earning there keep! :(

Bill

• I experienced an extended wait for a Holley carburetor and an even longer wait for an Edelbrock manifold. The carb eventually showed up but when I got tired of waiting for the manifold I cancelled the order and got a refund on my credit card. Why did I wait? Because I wanted those parts and liked the price. But when I got tired of waiting and couldn't get a clear date I pulled the plug. If/when they can offer a definite shipping date I can place a new order if I haven't sourced it somewhere else by then. That's what I would do if I were you MADDMOE and Frankie55 . I know you want your stuff but why sit there waiting with cash out the door when you can always place a new order once they have product?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I can tell you all that the supply chain for virtually everything is an absolute mess. there are shortages of almost every material and no one can get reasonable answers. We have experienced it at every level of manufacturing.

I agree. I'm still waiting for the CORNDOGS that Mitch was going to get for me

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• if you want answers from them it might help if you tag them slingmods SlingMods Brandon SlingMods_Josh !

Now to play devil's advocate, companies have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of active orders at any given time, which makes preemptively communicating with everyone not possible, however my experience has always been that they get back to me within 72 BUSINESS hours when I contact them.

Of course I wish it was like in the old days where when you had an issue you could call someone and get an answer right there and then but we all have to accept reality that communication has changed from instant to several days later.

I have a PS5 that I mailed to Sony for warranty replacement and after 3 months of waiting what they told me last week is that they have no parts and don't know when they will get them, IF a company as big as Sony is having issues of this magnitude just imagine what a little company like slingmods might be experiencing.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Not good I don't understand why companies are not better at keeping customers informed of their shipping status. Makes mm w rethink what I will be ordering.

As a residential painting contractor --- dealing with a Company Sherwin Williams store.....I'm have a hard time getting product to paint your house.... I'm one of the long time contractors and one of the bigger ones at the La Porte sore so they are really trying to keep me supplied but I need to give them 2 or 3 weeks lead time...

It's just crazy...

• Online sellers aren't supposed to charge you until it ships. If you got billed in advance, and long shipping delay, thats a major no-no. I'd be cancelling orders too if they kept promising delivery, and never shipped.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• It's not the time so much as to keeping the buyer informed. Vendors need to contact the buyer every few weeks to let them know what's going on. Not hard today with technology today.

That's my issue. It's not that I don't have the part. For all I know it could be many more months? Every supply chain should have at a basic level the current supply demand. A production level and delivery schedule. I've called both the seller and the supplier. Getting no info from either. I can walk into Lowes and if one store doesn't have the required stock on hand someone can pull it up on a computer and inform in seconds what other stores have the item and the stock level.

I'm not looking for that kind of detail and I do understand the unusually situation but that shouldn't have any bearing on an anticipated fill rate. It may require schedule adjustment but that adjusted fill should be known regardless. Business depends on that critical information.

• friends of mine ordered a new Amish table and chairs....many months ago....they decided to see where it was...the Amish craftsman said he’s backed Up at least 6 months...he covered his outdoor sign because he doesn’t want to take anymore orders at this Time...

Just wait things are going to get much worse.....

• Don't blame any supplier right now. I work in Supply Chain/Purchasing. Things are bad right now all over the world.

• Can't get chrome plating done because the process has to be completely shut down for every Covid positive test.
    • Can't get machined metals because they can't get the raw stock.
    • My Stainless Steel supplier stopped taking any orders for 2021 and our current orders (from Jan-Mar) are pushed to 2022.
    • Malaysia is on a 60% personnel limit due to Covid.
    • UPS & FedEx are AVERAGING 8 days for international over night. I've had "overnight" shipments take 14+ days. Heck, they even stopped publishing their tracking while in route and just tell you when it's been shipped and when it is delivered.
    • Lumber prices are through the roof because labor shortages in both logging and the lumber plants.
    • Japan had 2 fires at 2 major computer chip factories, stopping their production entirely.
    • US auto makers laid off 27,000 people due to the chip shortages.
    • There are 6,000+ travel trailers sitting in Elkhart Indiana waiting for single parts to be completed.
    • And Chick-Fil-A will only give you 1 sauce for their nuggets.