Need some help here

• I have both an automotive brake switch and the identical switch from the sling mods mechanical brake switch. Both are brand new.
    When you actuate the brake the little arm on the brake goes backwards towards the driver. Letting the button come out. Both switches I have the brake lights are on when the button is In and off when the button is out. The exact opposite of the way it should be.
    it shouldn’t matter but I did reverse the wires and still the same thing.

The only thing I can think of is I have a switch that works the opposite of the way it should. In the neutral state the button should be pushed in by the little break arm that deactivating the circuit. When you put your foot on the brakes the arm comes away from the button and allows the circuit and that the brakes coming on. Am I missing something here?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Strange how the part number is identical to the one that came off however this is basically a horn switch. When the button is pressed in the circuit is complete. When the button is out the circuit is interrupted. The exact opposite of what I need. How do you ascertain a switch that is the exact opposite of this? is it called something special?

• Switchs are normally open or normally closed. Normally open will make contact when pressed while normally closed breaks it. Does this answer what you are looking for?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Thank you! This was my mistake in that the switch I have in is on when the button is pushed in and off when the button is out the exact opposite of what I need and I should’ve read further before I ordered it. Thanks so much really appreciate the feedback! My boneheaded mistake