WiFi controlled water valve

• I own a toilet from hell......if you stand there and wait for it to stop running after a flush....it always shuts off. If you flush and leave the house before it shuts off....it will run all day. This happened again yesterday. I was in a hurry.

Two years ago I bought this

https://meetflo.com

it has saved me many times since.....yesterday the toilet was running at 3.9 GPM....that’s 240 GPH or 1,680 gallons for the seven hours I was gone.... the Flo turned the water off automatically in 6 minutes after it noticed the unusual activity and sent a notification to my smart phone. I was busy all day a didn’t notice the water was off until I got home. By using the app on my cell phone I could have turned it off or on. Best thing I bought in a long time. Highly recommended. I installed it myself. A running toilet can cost you -30-40-50 dollars water bill increase plus the sewage bill increase.. this time it only ran for 6 minutes..... saved me lots of water/$$$$$

Flo can tell you the water temperature....once in the last winter cold spell it alerted me that the water temperature was at freeing and the valve could freeze. It knows the water pressure. It learns your water usage.

If I would have seen the text message right away.....I could have shut the valve off from 25 miles away.... since I didn’t acknowledge the text....it shut the water off for me.... as soon as I found out about these valves...it was a no brained for me....especially owing the toilet from hell. Everybody has had a toilet running all day long at least once.

• aren't you concerned that the government has access to all of these smart devices and if they decide you are using too much water they will just shut you down - - got to force you to be green - same with smart electric meters - - use too much and they simply shut you down 8o

I think Smart devices are really neat, and I like the good things they can offer, but when it comes down to buying and using these things in my own home the first question I ask my self is "if it gets hacked what is the worse that could happen?" if the answer to that question is something bad that could do harm - - then that device is not purchased

As much as I would love to remotely open my garage door for deliveries to be set inside - - it aint going to happen - hacked and I might as well leave my house key on a hook outside - as to the water valve - not sure I like the potential downside of control of my water being on wifi

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WOW,

Do you need to borrow some of that tin foil you all keep offering to bigdog?

And BTW, ain't nobody gonna shut my water off. I have a well and septic tank.

So I am self contained.

And since I live in FL, and we have hurricanes which take out power, I have 2 generators for SHTF power.

1 7.5 kw gas powered and 1 16 kw diesel powered.

And if they ever shut my power off illegally, I will just go with a full solar array.

Yesterday the government can kiss my ass

today the government can kiss my ass

and tomorrow the government can kiss my ass

• just asking a legitimate question - BD is always saying everything is a conspiracy so it struck me as a bit funny he would use something critical that could be hacked

and as to your going solar - I did that years ago, I have 59 panels on my roof, a 15.4 kW system that generates 4 to 5 thousand excess kWh of power each year. every August for the last 4 years my utility has had to send me a check for the annual true up

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• aren't you concerned that the government has access to all of these smart devices and if they decide you are using too much water they will just shut you down - - got to force you to be green - same with smart electric meters - - use too much and they simply shut you down 8o

I think Smart devices are really neat, and I like the good things they can offer, but when it comes down to buying and using these things in my own home the first question I ask my self is "if it gets hacked what is the worse that could happen?" if the answer to that question is something bad that could do harm - - then that device is not purchased

As much as I would love to remotely open my garage door for deliveries to be set inside - - it aint going to happen - hacked and I might as well leave my house key on a hook outside - as to the water valve - not sure I like the potential downside of control of my water being on wifi

you can shut it off with an Allen wrench.....catastrophe averted....

I’m worried more about the smart meters.... they actually talk to each other in the neighborhood....and if the electric company wants to shut down the hood...they can.... I don’t need a smart refrigerator to tell me to buy butter..

• just asking a legitimate question - BD is always saying everything is a conspiracy so it struck me as a bit funny he would use something critical that could be hacked

and as to your going solar - I did that years ago, I have 59 panels on my roof, a 15.4 kW system that generates 4 to 5 thousand excess kWh of power each year. every August for the last 4 years my utility has had to send me a check for the annual true up

very shortly we’re getting free Tesla electricity.... for everyone.... don’t buy solar panels...

• I am looking for a 2" zeewave or zigbee or even wifi. Zeewave is what i would really like.

I have 2 water feeds coming to my house. I'll explain... I have a 1" that feeds my cold water side. It has between 55 and 65 psi from the city and did a very good job supplying more than enough water... Then I had a awesome idea.... I installed a Kolher 6 electronic valve shower system. I have 11 of the water tiles that flow 2.2 gpm. I found out real fast that you can't squeeze 20gpm out of that 1" pipe. I also found out that to really run that much water for any amount of time you can't use an instant heater ( unless u chain link a few commercial units ) .

So I installed a 120 gallon electric water heater. And I had the city put in a 2" meter beside my 1". The easiest way to add the additional flow was just to run the 2" direct to the water heater. So now I can drown myself with water if I need to.

Here is why I need a 2" home automation valve. I had the 2" bust at a joint half way up my hill I live on. It ran for 2 days when I was out of town. I had a 3500.00 water bill. They reduced it to 1750.00. But that still sucked. I have found a few zeewave controlled valves but they have been almost the price of the water bill.

• contact them....they might have a commercial unit....

• my original story for wanting one....

my ice marker supply line cracked and it was 2 weeks before I found it....it was a plastic line and it split right under The clamp that holds it to the fridge...

the irony of this story is....I have 3 cats and I wanted to pull the fridge out to vacuum around the motor to remove any cat hair. As I was pulling the fridge out of the cubby hole...I was telling myself this is probably a bad idea. I vacuumed and pushed it back into place.....that’s when the leak started.... I didn’t find the damage until I went into my garage two weeks later.

ceramic tile popped off my kitchen floor.

Water went under the wall ruined my bedroom carpet.

The fridge is over the garage and the shelving units which had 2” of water on them. It ruined much of the stuff on them.
    some of the garage ceiling dry wall was ruined.

total damage was insurance estimated at $8,000....the restoration company had big dehumidifiers and fans in the house running for a week....

They brought two big trucks.....one to store the good items and one to haul away the ruined stuff.

I had small heaters running to dry the wood in the kitchen so I could reinstall the ceramic tiles...

This unit does routine pressure tests to detect even small drip leaks......it would have alerted me to the leak...

I have since installed a shower floor drain under the fridge.

As a side note ......insurance companies sell sewer back up insurance......it’s not normally included in home owners....it’s a rider you need to request....and pay extra for.....covers $5,000 damage. Several years ago I had a giant root ball in the sewer line under the basement floor in the middle of the house...