DDM rotax super charger vs DDM stage 1 turbo

• Which one????? 20

1. DDM Rotax Super charger (18) 90%
    2. DDM Stage 1 turbo (2) 10%

Which would be your preference? Seems to be about a 2k difference in price? Which do you prefer? Is the supercharger safer in this application/motor?

I see the super charger makes 325 hp vs the 275 for the turbo. Is it really possible to put down all that extra power of the SC?

DDM SC 5k

DDM S1 Turbo 3k

• Preference thing I think setting aside the price difference. Had a different turbo and I really like the supercharger for it's drivability. Turbo was fun and sounded amazing with all those turbo noises. It was just when the boost came in it was hard hitting and then you were shifting. It also liked higher RPM to run right so always felt like I was driving around in race-car mode. Wife wouldn't drive the sling with it... she will with the supercharger as if you keep the RPM lower it's like a normal sling just louder with exhaust. Boost is there when you want to peak those RPMS and smile.

• Which would be your preference? Seems to be about a 2k difference in price? Which do you prefer? Is the supercharger safer in this application/motor?

I see the super charger makes 325 hp vs the 275 for the turbo. Is it really possible to put down all that extra power of the SC?

DDM SC 5k

DDM S1 Turbo 3k

If your going to 325 you better get some engine work first.

• The supercharger is still my personal favorite, if I had a stock engine Slingshot and had to choose only one, it would be a supercharger with the 100mm pulley setup. Super reliable, smooth power to redline, great tune, etc. Here is that setup running around Roebling road racetrack a couple years, we did this all day with that setup on a stock engine from a 100k mile Malibu we swapped in for testing -

• The supercharger is still my personal favorite, if I had a stock engine Slingshot and had to choose only one, it would be a supercharger with the 100mm pulley setup. Super reliable, smooth power to redline, great tune, etc. Here is that setup running around Roebling road racetrack a couple years, we did this all day with that setup on a stock engine from a 100k mile Malibu we swapped in for testing -

thanks dave I appreciate the info!!

• I’ve driven the stage 1 and 2 Turbos. I own the DDM supercharger. They are both a ton of fun. I think a better comparison would be the stage 2 turbo vs the supercharger if we are talking price. There are a few upgrades that the stage 2 offers. Both kits are well thought out and look killer. I’m a fan of the supercharger. The power kicks in from start to redline and is very controllable as to @3GunSteve’s point.

I also like the way the blow of valve sounds in the super charger😁