Clutch slipping

• Reading all of these posts regarding the clutch and transmission, I'm curious now, if I needed clutch work done on my Sling, or any engine work for that matter, would I take my Sling to the dealer where I bought it or to the Chevy/GM dealership and service department that's just down the road from where I live? 🤔

You should take it to your dealer or see if any one of the MANY talented Slingshot owners in your area want to have a "wrench day" if you provide the beer and BBQ

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Whatever you do.... Do not let anyone talk you into a clutch disk with metal pucks on both sides of the disk. You will not like it.

You can use it in heavy traffic. But you will wish you didn't have it after about 5 minutes of slightly bumping it to move forward.

Get the disk that has fiber on one side and metal pucks on the other. It turned out to be a really good clutch that let you slip it just enough to take off at a red light easily.

Other than that tid bit of info i can't think of much else that is difficult to do when swapping the disk out.

I might switch to a lighter flywheel while I had it apart.

Or you could just shitcan the whole clutch and manual transmission and go with an automatic. Nothing like having literally instant shifts. I can go thru 1st 2nd and 3rd and you can't even hear it shift.

Here is a video where you can hear how quick it shifts.

• WORD

Trying to load your ride onto a trailer with one of those discs is just plain horrible. And anyone who's gone to any bke week event and done bumper to bumper stop and go riding for miles at a time will be looking to take it out by the time they get home

• It’s an acquired taste for sure! 8)

15k life on a clutch? How hard are you driving this thing. A properly used clutch and assuming non abused should last well over 50k miles.

I wish… maybe pulled 9k out of mine before needing to double-clutch every shift (AR5 is really not the best transmission IMHO).

Reading all of these posts regarding the clutch and transmission, I'm curious now, if I needed clutch work done on my Sling, or any engine work for that matter, would I take my Sling to the dealer where I bought it or to the Chevy/GM dealership and service department that's just down the road from where I live? 🤔

Nah… set aside a weekend and buy a cheap engine hoist from Harbor Freight. Front end comes off with relative ease (it’s a 2 day job if working alone).

rabtech ~> it’s still rocking!! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Forgot that you have rabtech original transmission in yours, that transmission is a testament to how good they are to not only survive you, but also Rabtech. Hope to see you up at Maggie Next week!

• These photos should be in a NSFW section. That Slingshot is NAKED!! :D

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I'm still in AWE of the things I've seen her do. Better than that, I'm ashamed that I can't do those things that she and Stacy have done with ease. From rewiring their workshop, hanging work lights to the complete tear-down of the Slingshot. Well Correction - I probably COULD do as complete tear-down of a Slingshot, but they can actually put it back together. They coined the phrase "built back better - another line that Old Sleepy Joe stole as being his own You're the best Eica

• I'm still in AWE of the things I've seen her do. Better than that, I'm ashamed that I can't do those things that she and Stacy have done with ease. From rewiring their workshop, hanging work lights to the complete tear-down of the Slingshot. Well Correction - I probably COULD do as complete tear-down of a Slingshot, but they can actually put it back together. They coined the phrase "built back better - another line that Old Sleepy Joe stole as being his own You're the best Eica

I have a few touches on my sling from ericastar76 . My wife told her she wanted heated seats and E made a kit for the PRP’s and had it shipped out within a week. The detail in the wiring, relays, switches, ect.. was top notch!