The OG"s of the Slingshot world

• First Slingshots getting delivered 3 days before Thanksgiving 2014. (Yes we drove one the next day in 17 degree weather)

Danna (DKF) just had flown in to take delivery of what's known now as "Therapy".

Tried getting into Spirit Lake to see the assembly line but got denied.

First rally in the country - 3 Wheel Rally in Deadwood, SD. Obviously SL's were popular!

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Just noticed this thread....

I can remember sitting in the Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham building the initial forum. My wife and daughter were going their Christmas shopping in the attached Galeria mall. I also remember why I was building the site. I know that I was pissed off about my post being deleted. I also remember having the 2nd or 3rd highest post count and taking time to do a ton of informational post with clear high detail pics. And then I would post something and it would mysteriously come up deleted. I also remember making post to the Admin of the site to address a problem moderator on the site.

I remember that their site was sold to the biggest online forum website company. That in my opinion was the nail that sealed their eventual doom. Nothing pisses me off worse than going to a site and being bombarded by advertisers that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the forum. I will continue to keep this site free from random pop up adverts. We all get enough of that pop up crap everywhere else on the web. We dang sure don't need pop up ads and misdirection where we come to relax and catch up with everyone's post.

I will be in Maggie Valley later in the day on Tuesday and be staying till Sunday. I'm staying at the comfort inn. I will have cards to pass out and several versions of the websites decals to pass out. I could setup the enclosed trailer but I don't see the need to go thru all that. I will also leave some cards at some of the vendors booths. I don't see it being a problem but I will make sure with Scott that he doesn't care if I handle the site's business that way. That will also bring people to their tents if they are needing some cards or sticker.

That way I can get out and walk around and talk to everyone. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. Since DDM takes care of the white beasts needs I'm sure I'll be close by their tent. If you see my sling I should be somewhere nearby.

• I'm very late to this thread. Bought our first Slingshot May 22nd of 2016. Joined here (after reading as a non member from late April) on Jun 17th 2016. Even after we bought the SS, I didn't have much to say, just wanted to read and learn even more. Eventually, I wanted to post, so I joined. Just under 50k on that first one when I sold it in October of 2019. I had bought bjk81 's 2016 the same color but only 10,700 miles and it was Supercharged! That one now has over 35k on it, looks great, drives great, runs like a beast!

I was a regular on here, posted often and tried my best to help others. Still check in often, but not as active. I don't look at newer threads like I should. This one is 6 months old, and I just noticed it. I will try to do better.... I do know the Slingshots pretty well overall. Many roadside repairs I've been a part of, but not one that we couldn't get back on the road. :)