The OG"s of the Slingshot world

• I joined the original forum(Referred to by some as the Darkside) August 2014… I met some of the most amazing people that the world has to offer! That was exhibited many times by their ability to just want to help and not expecting anything in return! These folks are the heart and soul of the SSOG community! I feel privileged to be a part of these folks and I always try to remember the Painters Posse mantra of Pay it Forward!
    oh my gosh sometimes I just think back to all of our conversations before any of the slingshots were actually even shipped out…And we are still just as tight as ever

I've got lots of pictures of the Houston event...just not any of your first Slingshot experience.

Batman and the Texas Cheerleader's

• Awe, reminiscing! I was a late comer to any knowledge of the Slingshot. A friend told me about it in October, 2014. Lake Havasu, AZ dealer finally got one in early December so I could see it - see if I could reach the pedals. :) I put money down and it was to be about 5 weeks - surprise 2 weeks later!

I only have 51,000 miles on it, but I think it has traveled at least that much on the trailer. I remember the rain in MV 2016! I just sort of hung back being a woman and older, but still met a few people. The biggie that changed my world was Slingshots Across America - what a blast! I have met so many great people since then.

The new apartment will be ready Friday, May 28 and I will officially be off the road after 13 1/2 years. Anyone want to buy a truck camper? :) Or a Slingthing trailer?

Thanks to all of you who have made such an impact on my life.

• Not a great excuse but between work and the Houston event I have been swamped. I was going to try and make Maggie Valley but my surgeon decided I should have some back surgery first.

I know the feeling, I had the lower 3-4 and 4-5 fused Nov.5 2005 I was good for about 3 years. Now I am having problems again with a lot of pain. I am putting everything off until after this covid thing.

• Purchased mine April 8th 2016 and been here since May of 2016. Met some nice folks here and gotten a lot of great info and ideas from this place and it's caused me to spend a lot of money on SS goodies.

• Same here L5 is way out of place and pinching the nerve. They want to but metal in there and I am avoiding that as long as I can. I know several people that had that done and still hurt. I don't do pain pills and it is tough at times. A good thing I feel petty good sitting in my Slingshot.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I remember those days Phil, I was jealous that you won the Hahn contest for a free turbo install. Now I count my blessings you won. Lol. You also won the sbd bomb dropping contest on a ride. It was a unanimous decision by all. 😩 Gerald do you remember up on the mountain at MV and we all got under my SS cover the rains were so strong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Mr Fast, did you take delivery on the quad yet??

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• As a newbie in 2017, I certainly appreciate all the help from the OG's on here. Learned a lot before I even took delivery.

Have met many great guys and gals along the way.

Work always got in the way of going to Maggie, and last year I had the time, but pandemic put things on hold.

This year we are going, looking forward to meeting more great folks.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Also one of the originals, was DUANEINDY but changed to "Lostway" when I sold my first one ( later got a 2019 ). Was tired of waiting on Indiana to approve so I went to Owens in Illinois and bought one. They said if I wanted it painted they knew this great guy in Terra Haute. Road around with my old Goldwing plates till I called my son who worked as a programmer for the state. He said the slingshot was in the BMV system but had not been activated, he changed it and told me to wait 4 hours then go to BMV. Being a social outcast and a huge pain in the ass, I am not known by many on the forum. I am referred to as the Gray Haired Wonder as I make everything look good.

DuaneIndy

2019 SS SL

Stock is better

• Bought my SL in Dec of 14 just a day before X-Mass after having it on order since Sept.. 1st Sling out of my dealers door. Haven't looked back yet nor regretted buying it. I've attended 2 SSITS's, 2k16 But not sure of the other year plus some of our local gatherings.

It's been an amazing experience watching this forum & others & the Slingshot community grow over the years.

• [quote='flipr','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10150-the-og-s-of-the-slingshot-world/&postID=350811#post350811']

I remember those days Phil, I was jealous that you won the Hahn contest for a free turbo install. Now I count my blessings you won. Lol. You also won the sbd bomb dropping contest on a ride. It was a unanimous decision by all. 😩 Gerald do you remember up on the mountain at MV and we all got under my SS cover the rains were so strong?

Hey Mr Fast, did you take delivery on the quad yet??

[/quote]

No I am headed back to IL in the morning I am in Atlanta tonight. I will be checking on it Wednesday. Only thing left is power steering.