So how bad are the Corbin Saddlebags really?

• I was on Slingmods a week or so ago looking at sale items (tempted by the Pedal Commander, it's on sale right now) and started looking at luggage options. I compared the racks that mount to the roll loop vs. the Corbin bags that mount under the rear. My wife was looking over my shoulder and commented on how nice the Corbin bags looked, but I balked at the $3500 price tag. Today I started doing more reading on the Corbin bags and saw a handful of posts here saying the fit and finish just was not worth the price tag, complaints of blistering and cracking, people who had to "fix" the latch because it did not stay closed, the lack of waterproofiness, and poor customer service at Corbin. I mentioned this to my wife and jokingly said, "If you were planning on getting me those for my birthday, don't." She got an odd look on her face, then said she made an inquiry because my model color was not on the list. I remembered her saying that earlier this week she had taken the Slingshot out of the garage to take pictures of it "for a friend who also has one." (She also took it for a spin around the block - well can ya blame her? :D ) I am wondering if the pics were also for the inquiry, and she has one on order but now is afraid to tell me.

Most of the posts I read are from 2017-2018. Has anyone purchased one more recently and has a different opinion, or is it still "run away! run away!" I have a feeling I might be stuck with one in a few weeks...

Glenn

• I have them on my 16 as well. They were already installed by the original owner when I bought it used. I can't speak to the bubbling as I completely painted them but at the time they were painted I don't remember any bubbling. I did have an issue with the doors randomly falling open but once they were painted we shimmed and adjusted the latches once they were put back together and haven't had an issue since. I've never had any kind of leak. Been caught in some downpours but everything seemed to stay dry.

As to my opinion on buying them? I probably would not for full price. It would either have to be a heavy discount or used but that's my mentality with all my mods. I absolutely love the look. Not many around here with the bags and it sets mine out. We do use them on road trips as well as meansling bags behind the hoops. The extra storage is nice but I couldn't justify the full price. Now as a gift or half the price or less I'd absolutely go for it. I can't speak for install either as again they were already there but that may lead to alot of the issues that people have. I've taken them off and on a couple times and have no issues with that but could tell there was alot of cutting and drilling with the initial install. Good luck if that's what she got you. Hopefully it leads to more travels for the both of you. Happy wife happy life.

• I purchaced them last year, over all, They look great and the installation was challenging, I need to have them shimmed / adjusted to fit properly and they are starting to rub th paint off on the back at the top. It is a shame for the money they cost but I love the look. Expensive as heck, I agree there, I had to pay duty and shipping to get them into Canada. I have not had an issue with not staing closed but they were very tricky to install, I had to fabricate a couple special tools to make it easier. I will add picture later. Over all I am glad I bought them

• When they first came out in early 2015, the pricing was $3333 plus shipping and it required paint (if I remember correctly). PLUS they had a LOT of issues with the doors not sealing as well as flying open while riding. Corbin started to cover the problems at first under warranty, but after they changed their latches, that was it. Whenever a manufacturer turns their back to buyers who spent their money on a new product and have issues is bad enough. But when the manufacturer basically walks away from them, that was it for me. They lost me as a customer for their bags as well as a pair of their seats. PLUS I don't know how many others bought different seats once they saw mine

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm surprised that someone has not produced another version of these at a more affordable price. I'm sure there would be a market for them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I liked the looks of the bags when I saw them. I thought they finished out the back end of the Slingshot that the design team forgot to do. I think they got put on a different project before they finished the rear end. Well they don't fit the 2020+ so it don't matter anyway.

If the music is to loud you are to old.