Chassis Light?

• I went for a ride the other day and when I got up between 80 to 90 this triangle dash light came on. I had no clue what it was at the time. I backed off the gas and the light went out, so I drove for a little bit around 60. I then pushed it back up again and the light came back on. So I let off and drove normal all the way home. Looked in my manual and seen it was a chassis light, it also said this will not come on in the slingshot, so why did it. Not sure if this has something to do with my quad kit or not. Anybody ever had this light come on??

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Since this should not happen on the Slingshot. And usually connected to their ATV line.

Possibility is the protection bit to prevent writing of fault recorded wrong in your ECU.

More than likely you will be chasing a false positive.

Fault is normally attributed to voltage decline in their ATV products.

Couple quick checks for peace of mind. Both battery post for cleanliness. Battery ground cable to frame connectivity. Engine ground connection.

Gonna throw this in for simplicity.

Not familiar with four wheel conversions and sensor setups. Pretty sure frame structure is hard grounded to Slingshot frame. Independent swingarms, shocks, and other factors may not provide sufficient grounding without bonding straps.

If still under warranty...

Call dealer. Tell them you got a Chassis Warning light illuminated that should not happen on Slingshot product.

Could this indicate a bad ECU flash?

They will have to check it out with Digital Wrench Software.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I got the same light after I ran the cooling fan relay ground terminal wire thru a switch. The first time I used the over ride switch, the light came on AND I got a message scrolling along the bottom of the radio/ride command screen. When I turned the engine off and then restarted it, everything cleared up. I turned the fan on, and the same thing happened. Apparently, the ECU can tell when something is grounded and shouldn't be.

My owner's manual also says, the light will not light up. WRONG.

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool." ||:evil:

• I just purchased my first Slingshot last Friday, have only had it 4 days and that Chassis light is on, The dealership that I bout it from can't get to it until the end of July beginning of August and 2 other dealerships can't look at it for another 3 weeks or so.

Is this something to worry about driving?

• I just purchased my first Slingshot last Friday, have only had it 4 days and that Chassis light is on, The dealership that I bout it from can't get to it until the end of July beginning of August and 2 other dealerships can't look at it for another 3 weeks or so.

Call Polaris customer service (1-800-765-2747) have your VIN# and dealer contact information. Make sure they issue you a case#.

Tell them you just bought it and can't even use it. Often times the notification from Polaris after your call lights a fire under the selling dealer.

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Try turning the Slingshot on and starting than off, do this several time to see if the 'code' will clear. very often it will.

• Did we ever determine what causes this? I was riding in the mountains and was on a down grade with a truck in front of me with all the sudden the light came on.

There was no code, or anything scrolling along the screen and nothing seemed to be any different. Ran fine, steering was fine, brakes were fine.

Stopped for breakfast, came out the light was not on any more... Just a false positive as mentioned above?

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• As best as I recall...

Older now.

From a source that will remain unknown...

It's a software coding held over from ATV's that faults body ground integrity.

The system does not exist on the Slingshot.

Why it triggers is speculation...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I have a 2023 SL which the chassis fault light's went on. Subsequently numerous other fault lights appeared including fail to accelerate on the way to my dealer. After two weeks Polaris decided to replace a break magnetic sensor switch which was not in stock. I purchased it from another dealer and provided it to my dealer. Polaris is reimbursing me with no issue. I bench tested the switch and could not find any problems with it. After I got it out of the shop everything worked good for a day. The chassis light came back on and this time it also showed up check engine light which went away after several hours. It now shows a misfire code in the diagnostic screen and is back in the shop waiting for instructions from Polaris. Being an electronic tech, I suspect it is either a ground fault, possibly firmware or a defective CPU.

• I have a 2023 SL which the chassis fault light's went on. Subsequently numerous other fault lights appeared including fail to accelerate on the way to my dealer. After two weeks Polaris decided to replace a break magnetic sensor switch which was not in stock. I purchased it from another dealer and provided it to my dealer. Polaris is reimbursing me with no issue. I bench tested the switch and could not find any problems with it. After I got it out of the shop everything worked good for a day. The chassis light came back on and this time it also showed up check engine light which went away after several hours. It now shows a misfire code in the diagnostic screen and is back in the shop waiting for instructions from Polaris. Being an electronic tech, I suspect it is either a ground fault, possibly firmware or a defective CPU.

Someone was asking about buying the extended warrentee ... most thought it a good idea. I bought the extended warrentee on my 2016 (3 year) was a good move. You can add it any time before the standard warrentee runs out. Shop price for the warrentee. https://fixmytoys.com/ gennerally has a 20% discount.