I don't want a roof, but.....

• I have researched this a little, but no one has asked quite this question. I don't like roofs- my ss replaced a bike. I like the occasional bug on my forehead and to be able to see 'everywhere'. However, I survived cancer and am now surviving 2 years of maintenance chemo. My oncologist says no bikes, or trikes, or convertible cars (no sun). So it's sell our beloved ss or buy a roof. We live in a small town, so I have never seen an ss with a roof, just pics. Question 1: any opinions on what roof is the 'least noticeable', or looks the most like it's 'factory'. Question 2: I have a stock windshield with Baker wings on the sides and top. Would you recommend a taller windshield with a roof? (We have a 2015.)

• Howdy and welcome to the forum. So glad to hear you have 2 years of cancer in your rear view mirror. You're making the right decision to take all the risks that you can out of tour enjoyment of riding. With as many choices of tops, the biggest choice you'd probably have to make first is do you want to have a "hard top" or a more easily removable canvas top? Not sure where're located and if the direct sunlight is an issue year round, or if you're in the snow belt where it stays packed several months a year. I'm sure you'll hear from a LOT of owners to their choice of top and why they went that route. I too hated roofs, but being in Florida and dealing with the intense summer heat/sun while stopped at red lights was too much to keep me away from adding a top. I first went with a canvas soft top, but sold it and went to the Fab Factory hard top. (NO longer made or in business). There are a few neat ones that I would consider for a top if I didn't already have one. I really like the factory Polaris top but it is expensive and it not the least noticeable one out there. But it does change the appearance of the Slingshot a ton

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Bullet Speed top w/NASCAR style windscreen. Baker air wings are a must but the mount platform is mounted to the top/roof frame. That being said you will need to order a new set if this is the direction you wish to take. Congratulations on beating cancer, now have the time of your life!

• love my roof & didnt want one but after my wife & i went to V.A. Beach for the weekend with the SUN following us all the way there & back , i had no choice and glad i did........was told if i didnt she wouldnt ride with me again, so i had no choice BUT.......LOL

The pics are of it open & with it closed , you can ride with it either way and it slides and locks in place........Twist Dynamics is where i got it from.

......im also a cancer survivor (throat cancer in 06) the worse 12 months of my life, dealing with chemo & radiation ( i took no pain meds ), so i feel your pain , good luck finding that right top , so you can continue enjoying this fun toy of ours

• Skin cancer and the first surgery was in 1982. I have been burnt - cut - froze - and electrucuted. I like to say two face lifts in the process. I still see the skin doctor every 6 months. It has been 12 months since i was cut the last time. Put the top on your Sling, I also have the Fab Factory top one of the first sold.

• Question 1: any opinions on what roof is the 'least noticeable', or looks the most like it's 'factory'. Question 2: I have a stock windshield with Baker wings on the sides and top. Would you recommend a taller windshield with a roof? (We have a 2015.)

You probably wouldn't be interested in the Slingshade, but this is what it looks like. I don't believe the Baker wings will fit between the pillars, but with the right type of windscreen, you wouldn't need them. I love mine and I blacked out the two small windows on top so the sun is totally blocked.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Don't have a roof and really don't want one but my choice would be the Stinger top. easy to pull both side off and leave at home or turn them around and have an open top. Twist Dynamics Stinger Roof BLACK FRAME – All Things Slingshot more costly than some but it would be my first choice. and I have seen up close and personal most of them.

Lots of choices for tops... Check out http://www.allthingsslingshot.com,

• May I suggest that you check your area for any upcoming Slingshot events.

If there is something you can attend you are likely to see a variety of tops and windshields making your choice a lot easier.

It will also give you the chance to ask questions and Slingshot owners like bikers love talking about their ride.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• May I suggest that you check your area for any upcoming Slingshot events.

If there is something you can attend you are likely to see a variety of tops and windshields making your choice a lot easier.

It will also give you the chance to ask questions and Slingshot owners like bikers love talking about their ride.

And most of them will gladly let you set in or go for a ride.

• The only reason I bought my SS is because it had a roof. I’m not a sun worshipper. It’s nice (cooler) when the weather gets warmer. The only drawback is you get a slingshot tan. The left arm and left leg in shorts gets burnt and tanned. Truck driver tan.

Thinking about it today I wouldn't have any fun or even own an SS without a roof.

• Me think you need to go to Maggie Memorial week there will be 500 Slingshot there . Start setting in Slingshots till you fine the top for you and for your size that works for you .People that know me I have to wear long sleeve shirts all the time because of the sun. I have a stinger top . I am 6’4” it works for me getting in and out.

• We love our roof paired with a 5 inch "ripper" windshield. Too me it feels like the motorcycle with the wind in your face. Most go with tall windshields but I just can't see it. If I want the wind off me I'll drive my truck. Part of the fun is the wind. Almost forgot.. the top is made by Bullet Speed and the canvas can be removed if you want down the road.. Only held on by velcro. Good luck.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I am only selecting the above picture to make a point, not to put down the top itself, and pointing out a "problem" of the majority of the tops designed for the Slingshot, where look at the sun shining on the seats? The time most of the tops are effective in protecting the rider(s) is only when the sun is directly overhead, otherwise, at least one of the riders is typically in the sun

Bill

Added note: OP states, "My oncologist says no bikes, or trikes, or convertible cars (no sun). "