What helmet do you use?

• The other threads on helmet requirements got me wondering.

It's obvious that most of us will need a helmet at some point. So, what helmets do you all use? What do you like and/or dislike about it?

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I have all of them at the present time, but the one that goes everywhere with me in case of rain is the old style, I call the open face with a flip shield. It never fogs up and if there is rain I can wipe the inside and the outside going down the highway or just flip the shield up. I have been riding since May of 1964.

• I have a Shubert with built in antenna with am/fm reciever. It pairs with the sling easily. But I've only wore it a few times since most of my riding is in states with no helmet laws. Another $1,000 not well spent. I also have 4 or 5 other helmets. I like the German style pot I had to buy in Maggie Valley when I lost my other $600 helmet on a fast turn. 😳

• EricRedSL you kind of touched on my reasoning for this questioning. I have had other helmets, still have a couple of half helmets. I had a full face with Bluetooth that my daughter's dog thought was a chew toy, so now I am in the market for new helmets for both me and my wife. We typically ride without helmets but know that some states will require it and the possibility of hitting rain on trips. Pondering modular vs. Standard full face

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Wife has a full face. I just bought a HJC IS-5 flat white open face with a built in dark pull down shade, and added a three button visor and a very light smoke flip up. I get best of everything . . . no damn sunglasses, no sun blocking, heavy sun blocking or very light sun blocking.

It looks like an old white weathered Bell. Got it from J&P Cycles in Anamosa IA, just up the road from the National Motorcycle Museum. (GREAT way to spend a day, by the way.)

• I have a 1/2, 3/4 & full. Typically I'll use the 3/4. If it's to hot or cold I'll swap. My 3/4 has a built in short tinted visor that's great for sun glare. Easily put down with a slide ratchet and up with a push of a button.

• My wife and I each have matching Scorpion full helmets and we also have matching Scorpion modulars. We like them both. Ironically, the carbon fiber full helmets are lighter than the modulars, but they each serve a purpose and we like them both.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bell-pit-boss-helmet-solid

We used to ride with full faced modular helmets, but we found them to be too warm when riding in the summer time with the top installed. We then went to Bell Pit Boss helmets, and use them for all of our riding now.

Bill

We use the Bell Pit Boss with SENA headsets and they serve all our needs. You can zip the ear pieces on and off for minor temp changes, they have the flip down tinted wind screen, and at about $130 are affordable

I want to give a shout out to Bell for replacing my busted wind screen free of charge when I called them to buy a replacement. Outstanding customer service in my opinion.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Right now I have 2 helmets that I am using a Bell vortex full helmet for the winter months when its cold and I just got a Daytona skull cap 1/2 helmet for the majority of the time - - As I said I just recently got the Daytona and I must say it really fits well - my head is slightly oval shaped and this helmet is the first one I have had that actually seems to be a perfect match.

helmets dont seem to come in any standard shape, each company does their own thing and some are better for round heads and others slightly oval like me and even others for more oval shapes - - very hard to find a perfect match unless you can try them on in a store - - frankly I think I got very lucky in finding the daytona

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Carbon Fiber full face from the Polaris dealer. I don't know who makes them but it's as comfortable a helmet as I've ever had and I've owned some high priced Shoei's, Bells and Arai's. Bought one for me and one for the Wife. Very light and comportable.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos