Auxiliary lights added this morning

• Thats blinding.

Prepare to look into a lot of high beams when you turn those on.

I don't ride at night. These are for the day. People will have no excuse for pulling out in front of me.

they might need adjusted to aim like the headlights...

I don’t have anything like that but I constantly have people pulling over to let me pass...

I played with adjusting them a little. I may need to tweak them after a while.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I don't ride at night. These are for the day. People will have no excuse for pulling out in front of me.

I played with adjusting them a little. I may need to tweak them after a while.

I had 2 wheelers coming at me in the daytime and their new headlights are very bright.

that said, the first thing I bought when I got my SS was $1500 worth of lights front and rear to make me more visible....I don’t care if it looks like a Christmas tree... I almost hit motorcycles because I didn’t see them... I’m with you all the way... I have even more lights now....90% of my mods have been visibility and safety related...

• IIRC, In WWII, it was learned that adding a bright spotlight to an aircraft actually made it harder to see in daylight! Not necessarily what one would expect.

The fact that adding a bright light to an aircraft in flight with the result it becomes harder to see, doesn't necessarily mean adding bright lights to a road vehicle will make it harder to see. Personally, I feel folks tend to unconsciously look for patterns. For cars and trucks, people tend to look for single or pairs of headlight sources with the light sources spaced near the outer edges of the vehicle. For motorcycles, people expect to see one or two headlights near each other. I wonder if a vehicle like the Slingshot might confuse the subconscious mind since it has 2 lights centrally located like a motorcycle, but also has one or two outer headlights like a car or truck. This seems plausible to me and would explain how some folks manage to see, but not see what's in front of them.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Made some adjustments to the Aux lights this morning. I was thinking about putting them on the "highbeam" wire but decided against it. I wanted them for day running and I never use the highbeams during the day so I would be defeating the purpose. So this is what I ended up with after making some tweaks to the way they were showing.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Wife and I rode 250 miles on Tuesday all day riding. I had several cars and trucks flash their lights at me as we met. Apparently those lights I added are doing exactly what I put them on there for. People are seeing me quite well in the bright sunlight!8)8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o

TheDonFather - Videos

• Well, the company that I bought my Aux lights from sent me a free third, (smaller) led light yesterday. I put it inbetween the other two lights and it's on only on low beam. All are on when on high beam.... Think I got enough lights now? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TheDonFather - Videos

• Well, the company that I bought my Aux lights from sent me a free third, (smaller) led light yesterday. I put it inbetween the other two lights and it's on only on low beam. All are on when on high beam.... Think I got enough lights now? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mount a Mars Light there in the front...

Get onto tracks you might want to run for free. ;)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• While stationed in West Berlin in the mid-1970s, the Citroen 2CV was the only vehicle members of the US military weren't allowed to register. To say they were cheaply built is an understatement. Having the dash-mounted shift handle come off while driving was reportedly a common happening. Despite the reported problems, they were popular with the civilians due to their low cost and parts availability. The French equivalent of the VW Bug.