Fog Light Relay Install

• I have a 2016 that has the fog light wiring harness already in place, but no relay or fuse in the fuse block. I ordered the MadStad bumper that comes with fog lights that should be plug and play once I add the relay and switch according to their website. Switch looks pretty straight forward to add, but had a question on the relay. Is there a right or wrong way to install it? Looks like it just plugs into the fuse box, but does it matter if I install it "upside down" since the pins look like they would fit at either 0 or 180 degree orientation. Don't want to mess up from ignorance and damage something.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I think the relay can only go in one way. The wire for the switch is down behind the radio. You really have to dig deep down into the wires to find the switch wire. Lots of guys say it’s not there but after digging deeper they find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• It's been several years since I installed the Fog Light switch, but IIRC, @WingShot's post is correct. Install isn't that hard once you find the pre-installed wires. I assume you're using a relay that's similar to the ones Polaris used, so just orient it so the labeling has the same orientation. You can always pull a relay and make sure your relay's pins are oriented the same way. I initially used the Fog light circuit to power my outer headlights before Polaris came out with the Headlight recall solution and then continued to run the Auxiliary headlights on the Fog circuit until I installed the MadStad bumper and placed the bumper's lights on that circuit instead.

Those bumper LEDs are pretty bright. Even with them aimed down towards the road, I feel they're too bright for operation with an oncoming vehicle. Good Luck!

• Yep, ordered the relay specified on the madstad website. Pins look correct for the open fog light spot on the fuse box. The pins on the fuse are all oriented in the same direction which is what prompted my question if it was an issue to install upside down since it will install at 0 and 180 degree orientation. Sounds like it will work either way it is installed from your comments and what I could find last night on the internet. Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to getting the bumper and getting it installed.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)