Need some help on a code

• I got this code today while on our Sunday ride. I was going up a steep hill in fifth gear and down shifted into fourth gear it sputtered and then no throttle response. Pulled over to the side shut it down turned it back on worked for about 100 yards then stopped again. Shut it down waited a minute or two turned it back on and luckily it got us all the way home. Both my dealers are closed today so any insight on this wound be greatly appreciated. As a sidenote I do have a pedal commander in the loop but it was not on and the app was not active. Thanks for any insight on this much appreciated!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I would say it probably does have to do with the pedal commander. the whole fault code is for ETC Pedal Position Sensor Outputs 1 & 2 Correlation

The ETC is probably electronic throttle control

If I had to guess, I'd say the ecu was "expecting" to see values of "X" under the condition you were riding, but it saw "Y" and kicked on the MIL to inform the rider to seek attention to find out why this was happening. I'm not sure why having the Pedal commander installed and OFF would have initiated this, but it could be as simple as the added resistance of the wires in that circuit even with it switched off

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• OK so I disconnected the pedal commander and plugged the male-female throttle connections back together as stock. Check engine light goes off and the vehicle status report is now blank. I did see that the pedal commander on one of the connections was slightly askew. So perhaps that was the issue. I actually use the pedal commander for about three trips and have not used it since.

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Glad you got it taken care of before Polaris charged you for a couple hours of diagnostic time to end up blaming the PC in the end. I'll never understand why dealers ALWAYS blame aftermarket installed items as the cause for everything - at least this time they would have been right.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Truth be told I would have to say that I think one of the pedal commander connections I made was askew and perhaps vibration may have caused it to come apart intermittently. It was fun the whole time I was using it until today. I’m probably better off without it anyway😎 keep me out of trouble!

• A 86 small circle F and

A 91 small circle F.

Nope. Don't know what that is. My A small circle F is usually in the 40's and 50's. It's probably got something to do with the desert though...

Good luck!:cowboy_hat_face:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• This is looking more and more like me and less and less like anything else. If you look at the two center pins it looks like there may have been some water in there as well. I’m going to contact pedal commander in the morning and ask if I can send this unit back to them and see if they can diagnose it at my expense. I don’t think it is their unit I think somehow some water got in here caused a little bit of corrosion and that was the issue. I’m going to see what they have to say before I do anything with it.

I just took the sling out for a vigorous ride and no issues no lights no codes so happy camper!

• This is looking more and more like me and less and less like anything else. If you look at the two center pins it looks like there may have been some water in there as well. I’m going to contact pedal commander in the morning and ask if I can send this unit back to them and see if they can diagnose it at my expense. I don’t think it is their unit I think somehow some water got in here caused a little bit of corrosion and that was the issue. I’m going to see what they have to say before I do anything with it.

I just took the sling out for a vigorous ride and no issues no lights no codes so happy camper!

Question??? Do you use a 'power washer' to clean the Slingshot? The only time my see water coming at it is if I get in the rain. I use the hose to clean wheels when there real bad. Damp cloth to clean the bugs and Ice detailer...

• I was thinking moisture related.

Guess how I came to that conclusion.

Pedal Commander is not water proof...

Probably not even water resistant being designed for car interior.

I suspect you washing prior to trip triggered your problem.

For future...

48hrs dry time before roll out.

Eight hours driving rain saturation will Richard everything from headlights to generator...

Think mytoy may be able to verify this...

Eureka Springs.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I don’t have a Pedal Commander, we did ride three days in the rain the only problem was the Sony head unit.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I don’t have a Pedal Commander, we did ride three days in the rain the only problem was the Sony head unit.

Whenever I have trouble with the ‘head unit’, I just take her credit card away for a few days - problem resolved...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014