Angle drive failure symptoms

• how often should you check the fluid?

I have a 2018 and never have

I had it serviced at the dealer a few times but am I supposed to ask them to check it or is it normal for them too when they do an oil change

I check mine a couple times a year but I've had 2 seals go bad and I am under mine a lot as it basically lives on a lift unless I'm driving it. The dealer will not check that during routine maintenance as Polaris doesn't even say it's first replacement is needed until 50k, 100k, 150k miles. I would imagine they would if you asked though. A lot of us have changed ours out with different gear oils to help reduce the whine of the angle drive. There are a lot of choices out there but I am a fan of Redline Shockproof Lightweight. I've also seen a lot of people use the heavyweight version as well which is also a great choice. I like the lightweight because it is bright blue and easy to spot if there is a leak.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• I check mine a couple times a year but I've had 2 seals go bad and I am under mine a lot as it basically lives on a lift unless I'm driving it. The dealer will not check that during routine maintenance as Polaris doesn't even say it's first replacement isn't needed until 50k, 100k, 150k miles. I would imagine they would if you asked though. A lot of us have changed ours out with different gear oils to help reduce the whine of the angle drive. There are a lot of choices out there but I am a fan of Redline Shockproof Lightweight. I've also seen a lot of people use the heavyweight version as well which is also a great choice. I like the lightweight because it is bright blue and easy to spot if there is a leak.

You are surely right.......i have had 2 motorcycles with rear Hub fluid and the dealers will NOT change that fluid if you do not ask them too......

• When my new replacement angle drive was delivered, I found, upon opening the box and removing the foam that held it in place, that the box must have spent at least part of the trip on its side and the lube had leaked out , presumably thru the vent on the top of the angle drive. I wonder if your angle drive might have been overfilled enough that some of the lube was able to get out thru the top vent?