2021 Slingshot R Belt Howl

• So I have a question... when we speak of belt tension and deflection, are folks speaking of belt deflection while off the ground or on the ground? Looking at the service manual it seems tension is set to 5-7/16ths while in the air with the suspension fully extended. If done this way when placing the vehicle on the ground you are looking at maybe 3 or 4/16ths. Which measurement is correct? On the ground or when lifted?

Here is a new video where I tightened the belt a bit. Now the movement is less but its about 1/8 too tight when on the ground if the measurement should be taken on the ground. My previous adjustment made it too loose and it walked a lot. Less walking now but its too tight.

• Here is a new video where I tightened the belt a bit. Now the movement is less but its about 1/8 too tight when on the ground if the measurement should be taken on the ground. My previous adjustment made it too loose and it walked a lot. Less walking now but its too tight.

Did they change the sprocket on the 2021? My 2020 has a lip on both sides of the belt. My 19 looked like what you have pictured.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.