Friday's Ride in the mountains

• I just have to ask, is your speedometer only reading 60 mph cause it’s not red !?

Just asking for some friends. I know mine has a different mph, it’s red and goes faster than 60.

Also could you please post pics of your different mounts for camera.

Anyway great driving, oh one other question, what was your temp while riding?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I just have to ask, is your speedometer only reading 60 mph cause it’s not red !?

Just asking for some friends. I know mine has a different mph, it’s red and goes faster than 60.

Also could you please post pics of your different mounts for camera.

Anyway great driving, oh one other question, what was your temp while riding?

On the Cherohala because of the change in altitude, it was 78 at the bottom and as low as 59 at the top so I can't answer the temp question. The camera mounts are one on the front air dam and one on the front of the "fin" in the center of the SS looking forward into the cockpit. And there are a bunch of different speedometers available to use in that program. If you still want pictures of the mounts I'll have to get them later.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• @drfubar Nice ride and great video. I like the view from the fin the best as the colors of your sling brightens things up. As we were talking before with me using the Garmin and the GoPro I can not get picture in picture like yours I don't even get the option. I can switch between cameras with the fancy transitions but the cameras are not time synced. I have a mount on the bottom of the fin but it looks through the tinted windshield in the lower part of the screen and one half way up. That black strip going up the center of the fin is a little loose but the movement is not evident during day time. At night is a different story lights in a dark back ground do vibrate some and is noticeable. I put a self tapping black headed screw in the center of the strip where it is vertical at the very front and it is now solid. I also like the windshield mount it shows the Sling's front fenders, but it is not useable at night. I also have a mount low on the front.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• drfubar I think you might be alright anyway at night as I see you but the mount on the fin and not the center strip on the fin like I did. I ordered a VIRB XE last night so I can shoot picture in picture and will be running it on the front like yours. I already put a mount there.

• drfubar I think you might be alright anyway at night as I see you but the mount on the fin and not the center strip on the fin like I did. I ordered a VIRB XE last night so I can shoot picture in picture and will be running it on the front like yours. I already put a mount there.

The Virb XE lens is offset from center so it lines up pretty good with the center of the fin.

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar Yes all three of my cameras have the lens off set so really my lens is off center by 3/4". Hope no one notices that in my videos. :)

I have the front camera wired to my fuse box so it comes on when I turn the key on. The one over my shoulder comes on when I plug it into the power outlet. Then I bring up the AP on my phone and can run the cameras as I want. Turn them on or off with a push of the onscreen button. Works great.

TheDonFather - Videos

• I just went ahead and got the VIRB remote at time in the bright sun I can not see the screen on the IPhone. I was wondering how you was powering that one up front. Also didn't notice that applying power would turn a VIRB on. Got to look into that as that is very convenient.

• I just went ahead and got the VIRB remote at time in the bright sun I can not see the screen on the IPhone. I was wondering how you was powering that one up front. Also didn't notice that applying power would turn a VIRB on. Got to look into that as that is very convenient.

Yep, turn the key on the SS and the front camera comes on ready for action. If my virb app is up on my phone it will show what the camera sees. I can then power up the second camera and switch to it with the app and see what the second camera sees. That way I can make my adjustments to them without having to see any video. They will be positioned when I'm ready to use them.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Guess I better spend some time with the app. I did check I can turn on the camera with the remote but seeing what the camera is seeing is a real help. My addon fuse block is up forward by the battery and I could get power there. I have just been using battery power as my rides are short and I also have extra batteries.

• Guess I better spend some time with the app. I did check I can turn on the camera with the remote but seeing what the camera is seeing is a real help. My addon fuse block is up forward by the battery and I could get power there. I have just been using battery power as my rides are short and I also have extra batteries.

Yep, that's where I power my front camera from...

TheDonFather - Videos