Rear exit exhaust system and angle drive

• Montrese2006 no sir, i dont have heat wrap on it, nor did i put a silencer on it. I wanted it to sound louder and bigger than it really was lol. But now that I am putting turbo on it. i am having to change out my system altogether. I am going with the shorty race exhaust that comes with the turbo kit. If I dont like that or it gives me problems then i will buy an adapter to make my rear exit exhaust work again.

• I try to remember Sally is a reverse three wheel trike. I have even went back to giving motor cycle riders the low arm wave use by them. Some wave back some don't but they didn't when I rode my Harley. I will admit that I feel like it is a race car I am sitting in a Formula 1 but I drive it like the family sedan. Don't think I have pushed the gas petal even close to half way down yet. The thing hits the speed limit before my foot gets that far. Probably the problem with having the Autodrive.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have never had the pedal to the floor, but i dont drive like the family sedan either lol. i spin the tires as often as i can, i am always way over the speed limit and i dont let other cars pass me lol. this thing is way too much fun. man i cant wait to get this turbo finished lol.

• Montrese2006 - Does this quiet your exhaust down or just a looks thing? Mine has a drag tip here and not a fan of things that come up but if that's a resonator/muffler at all I could live with something like that. Mines too loud now...

so this is what i was using for the longest time, i had the 1320 rear exit exhaust with big tire kit on it. Never had a heat issue or anything like what your describing and i didnt wrap it.

• they have temp heat crayon sticks....get a 400 degree temp stick at the local welding supply... Mark it on the cover are drive around then see if it melted..

• that is an interesting theory about the heat, the gasket failure and rear exhaust...

can we get a confirmation of angle drive failures with rear exhaust systems? We need a count...

I have a welter rear exhaust and I’m finding oil film on my angle drive case.....

• Bigdog I would definitely like to know the answer to that question myself. For anyone that is wondering what the grey gasket looks like after melting. It turns black when it hits the rear exit exhaust. That's what I saw on mine. After getting my sling back last weekend I brought a temperature gun and can confirm that the exhaust and angle drive were the same temperature. Around 130 after highway driving for about an hour or so. In my opinion I don't think that grey silicone should be melting at that temperature. But if anyone knows the specs on that angle drive silicone please share