Serious Question RE: Adhesives

• super glue and baking soda works great. I used some on a plastic snow blower chute that was cracked. Now I can throw ice chunks through that son of a b##ch and it works great. Did I mention that I hate f##king winter?

• Permatex also makes one for plastics that works really well. My coolant tank broke in Maggie last year and I went to the local autozone and got a tube. I didn't remove the tank or drain the coolant and it held until I got home and could replace it.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Permatex also makes one for plastics that works really well. My coolant tank broke in Maggie last year and I went to the local autozone and got a tube. I didn't remove the tank or drain the coolant and it held until I got home and could replace it.

Did you Drive the Slingshot back to Michigan?

• [quote='EjFord','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10057-serious-question-re-adhesives/&postID=345785#post345785']

Permatex also makes one for plastics that works really well. My coolant tank broke in Maggie last year and I went to the local autozone and got a tube. I didn't remove the tank or drain the coolant and it held until I got home and could replace it.

Did you Drive the Slingshot back to Michigan?

[/quote]

Lol absolutely not. I’d walk back to MI before I spent 12hrs in that race seat. I did drive it the rest of the season which included a few weekends at the drag strip using the one I fixed.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Lol absolutely not. I’d walk back to MI before I spent 12hrs in that race seat. I did drive it the rest of the season which included a few weekends at the drag strip using the one I fixed.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

When people ask me if I drove it some place....YES it's to heavy to carry.... Couldn't remember if you had your trailer!

• I've used the JB Weld before with good results for metal products, but never any plastics. I have all the pieces in good size chunks and they fit together tightly. I don't need anything to fill the voids, which is why I was leaning away from this one or the other 2 part epoxy products. But they do work. I was kinda hoping that someone bought and had good results with any of the thin items like super glue or Monkey glue items. Heck if this gets too be too tough to glue back together, I might just try tracing it on a piece of aluminum and cutting one out of that for myself. Thanks for the input OM. I'll let you know what I end up doing this week (if I finish my taxes first)

JB WELDED my cracked van fender flare....it was just like using body putty....sand-able and stuff....I drilled a bunch of holes along the sides crack to allow the stuff to get in the holes to hold better....

What about the glue you harden with a blue light?

do you know about drilling a hole at the end of a crack to keep it from growing?

• JB WELDED my cracked van fender flare....it was just like using body putty....sand-able and stuff....I drilled a bunch of holes along the sides crack to allow the stuff to get in the holes to hold better....

What about the glue you harden with a blue light?

do you know about drilling a hole at the end of a crack to keep it from growing?

It sure would have been nice to hear if anyone had tried that stuf yet. I hate being the first to get ripped off from these late night rip-offs

Yup, but when the bracket is in three pieces, it's too late to stop the crack from spreading (No comment please Tripod)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It sure would have been nice to hear if anyone had tried that stuf yet. I hate being the first to get ripped off from these late night rip-offs

Yup, but when the bracket is in three pieces, it's too late to stop the crack from spreading (No comment please Tripod)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Just an update.

I haven't had a chance to do anything with the broken bracket yet. I was stuck finishing up doing my taxes and finally got them finished. This is what the broken bracket looks like and I'm hoping to get it reattached this week. I'll let you know how it works out.

thanks for all the ideas

• I think that is plastic? LoL!

• what about getting a longer bolt and if you don’t mind putting a lock washer and lock aircraft nut at the bottom. Go straight through.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• No can do. The "center" piece in the pic is actually broken into two halves. All told, that pic is now in 3 pieces total - the lower half of the bracket used to look like the top piece if it hadn't broken. There's always a plan B. Better known as tossing it into the BUCKET and move on