Madstad Ultimate Bumper

• Reviving an old thread I know, but I am considering the Madstad bumper so I am just curious if anybody has any additional thoughts or ideas that can be added here?

Bill

I hope to be adding one soon. I hit my front bumper, straightened it out as much as I can, but it's not perfect and it's driving me crazy.

It looks like the bumper would give a little extra clearance to the front which in my case would be EXTREMELY helpful.

• Reviving an old thread I know, but I am considering the Madstad bumper so I am just curious if anybody has any additional thoughts or ideas that can be added here?

Bill

I went with Madstad after a couple encounters with wildlife on the road... I really like the madstad and would highly recommend it. Pretty easy to put on and you can order replacement components if I end up with more racoons trying to commit suicide by running out in front of me vs having to buy a whole new front end. Really good customer service when I was making my decision and they responded quickly to all my questions. The hardest part is the light kit if you want to do that, but that isn't very hard once you have the right components (relay and switch are all you need for plug and play if your sling is prewired for fog lights). It is a bit higher so helps with ground clearance issues if you have any of those. In the end for me it was about getting something more substantial in front and the ability to get individual replacement parts from Madstad if somethign did happen was the deciding factor.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• If you don't have the Canadian Headlights installed, you can hook up the MadStad's Bumper lights to the CH plugs since they should already be in your wiring harness. You might need to change the plugs to make the connection.The MadStad Bumper's lights do a pretty good job of lighting the sides of the road.

I've now had the MadStad Bumper for 2+ years and am still happy with it. I've hit a couple small critters since during night rides. The first was a small racoon and I was able to loosen the bolts and easily readjust the bumper's position, but the second critter was larger (can't remember if it was another racoon or a large possum or armadillo) and it did bend the bumper arm, although not enough to bring me to order a replacement piece. The bumper's modular design does mean that individual pieces can be replaced, but I've never contacted MadStad about any replacement pieces.

As stated by other posters, the MadSrad Bumper seems to offer a little more ground clearance for the front end, also something I like about bumper.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I went with Madstad after a couple encounters with wildlife on the road... I really like the madstad and would highly recommend it. Pretty easy to put on and you can order replacement components if I end up with more racoons trying to commit suicide by running out in front of me vs having to buy a whole new front end. Really good customer service when I was making my decision and they responded quickly to all my questions. The hardest part is the light kit if you want to do that, but that isn't very hard once you have the right components (relay and switch are all you need for plug and play if your sling is prewired for fog lights). It is a bit higher so helps with ground clearance issues if you have any of those. In the end for me it was about getting something more substantial in front and the ability to get individual replacement parts from Madstad if somethign did happen was the deciding factor.

I love my snow blow lol

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• if you really like the madstad and think one day you will eventually get one perhaps just go ahead and order one now keep in in the garage until you need it - - - this way you don't need to worry that it wont be available

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies