Madstad Ultimate Bumper

• So the stock front wing has finally taken just about all the abuse that it can. Twice I've hit animals (one confirmed racoon and one unknown, but similar size, that I just caught out of the corner of my eye as it darted out into the road) that ran right out in front of me on the passenger side. The tube attaching the wing to the frame is crimped badly from pulling it back off the wheel twice and now the plastic cover on passenger side is only held on my the top screws (using gorilla tape underneath to keep it from flying off until I can figure out replacement plan). The replacement bar and black wing base aren't too bad ($474), but they want over $300 for the red pearl plastic cover for just one side. For that much I"m looking to go with something aftermarket that hopefully can not be destroyed so easily. Not many choices out there (madstad or voodoo), but I think I like the look of madstad a bit more and with a 2016 I get the plug and play light bar as a perk. Also figured since it is a modular design I hope I can get individual replacement parts from madstad instead of having to replace the whole thing if I continue to have this problem. Anyone else swap to the madstad bumper that wants to share pros and cons?

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• So the stock front wing has finally taken just about all the abuse that it can. Twice I've hit animals (one confirmed racoon and one unknown, but similar size, that I just caught out of the corner of my eye as it darted out into the road) that ran right out in front of me on the passenger side. The tube attaching the wing to the frame is crimped badly from pulling it back off the wheel twice and now the plastic cover on passenger side is only held on my the top screws (using gorilla tape underneath to keep it from flying off until I can figure out replacement plan). The replacement bar and black wing base aren't too bad ($474), but they want over $300 for the red pearl plastic cover for just one side. For that much I"m looking to go with something aftermarket that hopefully can not be destroyed so easily. Not many choices out there (madstad or voodoo), but I think I like the look of madstad a bit more and with a 2016 I get the plug and play light bar as a perk. Also figured since it is a modular design I hope I can get individual replacement parts from madstad instead of having to replace the whole thing if I continue to have this problem. Anyone else swap to the madstad bumper that wants to share pros and cons?

I am interested to hear about this as well - - my bumper is still in good shape, but I have always figured that due to its vulnerability it could easily become damaged - I think the Madstad is the best looking option but having never had the opportunity to see one in person I too would like to hear what people have to say

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• mytoy has one, not sure it's the one you're looking a though...

Yes Mytoy has the Voodoo bumper, one of the first people to get it I believe - being all one piece welded aluminum tubing it is probably the strongest, but not as good looking as the Madstad in my opinion - - - actually I really like the looks of the Twist Dynamics Hammer Head bumper, but unfortunately it seems to be mostly a decorative thing that bolts to the existing plastic wing - - not actually a replacement like the others

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I love my voodoo bumper, very sturdy.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I love my voodoo bumper, very sturdy.

Agree that definitely looks to be the strongest option, but I ride in areas with lots of wildlife and given my experiences the odds are that I"m going to hit something again. The stock wing is pretty easy to pull off the tire and continue to drive. If the voodoo one gets bent back looks like it would be a much tougher roadside fix and then I would probably have to replace the whole thing. Madstad comes in sections which was what first made me favor it.

• Agree that definitely looks to be the strongest option, but I ride in areas with lots of wildlife and given my experiences the odds are that I"m going to hit something again. The stock wing is pretty easy to pull off the tire and continue to drive. If the voodoo one gets bent back looks like it would be a much tougher roadside fix and then I would probably have to replace the whole thing. Madstad comes in sections which was what first made me favor it.

if this bumper bents than you may have also frame damage IMO. I hit a few speed bumps an nothing except some scratches on the bottom 👍😂

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I have the MadStad Ultimate Bumper and have been quite happy with it. The lights are surprisingly bright, but I rarely use them since they are so bright and keep them on a separate circuit as a backup light source. I also keep them aimed down to minimize glare for oncoming drivers. The lights also provide a very good spread of light towards the sides of the road and help me identify deer alongside the road. I have also had a couple encounters during night rides with large possums that I couldn't avoid. One caused the bumper to move a little in its mounts, but the other I haven't even noticed any displacement at all. I had replaced the lower front wing with a wing normally designed to go on a car's rear deck, but replaced the wing with the MadSatd bumper when I caight it on sale for around $100 savings on the bumper, so I recommend waiting for a holiday sale, if you can find one.

I like the different grates and fill panel colors available with the MadStad unit and think it looks a little more refined than the VooDoo bumper. Of course, other folks may have different opinions.

I attached a copy of the MadStad assembly instructions and a pic of my 2015 Slingshot with the MadStad bumper.

Here's a pic showing the changes in my Slingshot's appearance over the years.

• Thanks for the feedback. The racoon I hit bent the wing all the way back to the tire and ground off the tip of the wing before I could pull over to check it out. The animal the other day might not have been as big as the racoon, but still bent the wing back to the tire since the support tube was already compromised from the original damage. Thanks also to mytoy for your input. The voodoo design is pretty stout and I'm sure it would take a pretty good impact to damage it.

• Thanks for the feedback. The racoon I hit bent the wing all the way back to the tire and ground off the tip of the wing before I could pull over to check it out. The animal the other day might not have been as big as the racoon, but still bent the wing back to the tire since the support tube was already compromised from the original damage. Thanks also to mytoy for your input. The voodoo design is pretty stout and I'm sure it would take a pretty good impact to damage it.

I can assure from experience that armadillos are NOT soft and hitting one is like hitting a rock! I originally switched to the rear deck wing after getting tired of bending the lower front wing multiple times. The 2 hits I've experienced from animals have been easily adjusted.

• Heard back from MadStad customer service and they confirmed that they can get me replacement components if there is future damage vs having to buy a whole new front bumper. Looks like MadStad design is the winner (assume components have to be cheaper than a whole assembly). DDM coil overs at Christmas depleted the mod account so gotta save up a few more $$ then can get the new bumper (and hope I don't hit any other critters between now and then). Might have to run the river road vs the mountain road until that happens since it seems I only hit critters on the mountain road.

• Heard back from MadStad customer service and they confirmed that they can get me replacement components if there is future damage vs having to buy a whole new front bumper. Looks like MadStad design is the winner (assume components have to be cheaper than a whole assembly). DDM coil overs at Christmas depleted the mod account so gotta save up a few more $$ then can get the new bumper (and hope I don't hit any other critters between now and then). Might have to run the river road vs the mountain road until that happens since it seems I only hit critters on the mountain road.

Try Otter's First Mod - https://www.slingshotforums.co…irst-mod.4735/#post-99272. He just removed the Front Lower Wing. I ran w/o one for a short time before I modded a Rear Deck Wing to mount in place of the Front Lower Wing. Since it was not as wide as the Front Lower Wing, I found it easier to avoid animals when I suddenly encountered them during night rides.

• I have had my catch everything carbon fiber front splitter on since the first week way back in 2015.

This thing has taken a beating without any serious damage. Sometimes you just never know what you will find wedged in there - Even a Fish

Yeah, but where is your propeller for running in the water?

Keep Three Wheels Down