Something I machined at work

• I am a machinist, and run CNC lathes. I am the guy who gets stuck with the tiny stuff. I actually like the challenge, and it forces you to pay attention to the details. I find it relaxing.

I machined a plunger for some kind of cryogenic application. It looks like a thumb tack. The head of the tack is .05" diameter and .011" thick, plus or minus .001". The post is .0118" diameter plus or minus .0002". This post has an edge break of .002" x 45 degrees plus or minus .001".

The picture shows a part that still has a tit left from my cutoff tool. The tit is the side closest in the picture. The chrome arms shown above the part are tweezers.

• I am a machinist, and run CNC lathes. I am the guy who gets stuck with the tiny stuff. I actually like the challenge, and it forces you to pay attention to the details. I find it relaxing.

I machined a plunger for some kind of cryogenic application. It looks like a thumb tack. The head of the tack is .05" diameter and .011" thick, plus or minus .001". The post is .0118" diameter plus or minus .0002". This post has an edge break of .002" x 45 degrees plus or minus .001".

The picture shows a part that still has a tit left from my cutoff tool. The tit is the side closest in the picture. The chrome arms shown above the part are tweezers.

I chuckled when I read that the chrome arms above your item were tweezers because, before that, I didn't immediately recognize what they were... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Sweet work. I'd give it more "likes" if you moved down here to Florida and would take a retainer so we get to the top of your wait list for all kinds of neat stuff

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE