Hill Assist on a 2019?

• If this info is already here someplace, can someone steer me towards it? I tried searching but search insisted there were no threads called Hill Assist, even though I had just read one.

The 2021 has an optional Hill Start Assist. Was wondering if such a thing can be done for a 2019 SLR. I tried searching the GoogleWebz but only came up with a few hits from Slingshot dealers who can do it to a 2020 (and a link back to this forum about the 2021 model.)

Glenn

• The center console e-brake is the hill assist. Shift into gear, clutch down. Hold the brake on, begin to let clutch out slowly. When you feel the clutch begin to grab, let the brake go.

I learned to do this in my 1973 Maverick, that e-brake was operated by your left hand, twist the handle and let it slide in to release. The T-handle was under the dash near your left knee!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• It's not a cheap upgrade, but it would come in handy for doing burnouts too, but you could add a hydraulic "line lock" to your front brakes. Rabtech has one on his beast and it has come in handy for him. He might be able to post his recollection of the costs and rough time frame to do the install if you ask.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have never used the emergency brake to do that, I just learned how to drive a straight stick, I have been doing it for 57 years now.;)

I never really learned to drive a stick. When I was 16 my father started to teach me to drive in his Dodge. I ground the gears once shifting from first to second, he said "Okay, lesson's over. We'll use your mother's car." She had a wagon with an automatic. It wasn't until I was 18 that I got a job working at a radio installation place, and the other techs had to keep bringing in the stick vehicles because I couldn't drive them. So I taught myself to drive stick on a friend's beater. Never was really that good at it, and every vehicle I ever owned was an automatic, but 20 years later I found that I was able to ride a motorcycle without incident. Now I am 52 and driving a Slingshot. Okay so I am rusty but I manage. Hills are still a problem. I never learned the "correct" way to do it, just cheated using the e-brake.