OMG what just happened In Orlando

• I believe in FL, firearms are not allowed to be carried in clubs or bars. Someone can back me up, but if that is the case, every bar would be a known "gun-free zone."

Thank you. As I noted it was an assertion / observation without facts to back it up. There in itself is a problem these days in the way news is reported. My statement above in today's media world would be taken as news and not as an editorial. Somewhere along the way we as a nation have lost the understanding of what good reporting is and are more interested in opinions that fall in line with our own thinking. My point is to please take the time to view all sides of the argument. There are things that can and should be done on both sides of the argument. There is no "one" answer to this problem. I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and also believe in the due process of law. Lets face it the 2nd Amendment will not be taken away but politicians taken advantage of a moment can easily find loops holes to control it. Funny that the argument being used regarding the purchase of guns are loop holes and yet these same people want to use this same thing to get what they want.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Lets see, our President says he does not understand why we are afraid of little kids and women, oops!!!
    (yes... It's the same ISIS scumbag in both pictures -
    Not to worry, though... 0bama told us that he THOROUGHLY VETTED all Muslim immigrants)

YLM. Your Life Matters

• There's something I would like to put out there.

This guy's father said he saw two men kissing and got extremely upset. Taking the muslem equation out of it (or leave it in for that matter). This guy was often at the club he shot up. What if one of the guys he saw kissing was his boyfriend? I'm guessing a jilted lover shooting up a gay bar wouldn't grab the same headlines as a radical islam shooter?

I'm also having trouble with the fact he stopped shooting and calls 911 to have a chat. What kind of terrorist would do that? I would think he would have kept shooting until his ammo ran out or they killed him. The whole thing has too many oddities.

• They're crazy Bastards. Their actions aren't suppose to add up. If we could make sense out of it all it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I just hope he's enjoying his quality time with his "72 Virginians" ...

• The largest mass shooting in the United States was not in Orlando last week.
    The largest mass shooting in the United States occurred December 29,1890, when 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota were murdered by federal agents & members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearmsfor their own safety and protection.
    The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children.
    Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history.
    It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.
    The Second Amendment, gives the people the right to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and it refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defensive purposes, should such tyranny arise in the United States.
    Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we should vehemently resist any attempts to infringe on our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we will be totally stripped of any ability to defend ourselves and our families.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Having grown up around guns and being an owner of several myself, I can agree with many of your points, but I see nothing in the Constitution that says armed opposition to the government is allowed. We already experienced a senseless loss of a significant portion of the USA's young men in the Civil War.
    The Constitution establishes a way for the people to vote and change how government works. While people may disagree with certain portions of what the government does, violence is not recognized as a legitimate means of change. Generally speaking, when a small minority seeks to use violence to force change on everyone else, we call that terrorism.
    The 2nd Amendment specifically refers to a well-regulated militia, although exactly what that means is till open to debate. There is a long history of gun-regulations in the US, especially in the West where many towns required guns, usually handguns, to be turned in to the Sheriff. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the targets of those rules were often minorities, either explicitly singled out or through lax enforcement, since people who are like those in power were far more likely to receive favorable treatment.