Short video of today's ride

• Nice video!

Consider adding the map overlay because those were some nice turns... Interested to see how tight they were considering there were slow downs...

I almost did but I got in hurry. I have put that on some of my videos but not today... :|

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• @drfubar where are you pulling that speed and elevation overlays from?

If it's similar to my virb, they are pulled right from the data the camera captures as it records (has GPS and other sensors). Then the virb editing software allows you to customize the overlays shown.

Pretty neat software considering it's "free" with the cameras. Love Garmin!

• Nice video!

Consider adding the map overlay because those were some nice turns... Interested to see how tight they were considering there were slow downs...

This was video going down the mountain on the same road. I added the map route.

TheDonFather - Videos

• @MiM Nice video. I am having problems with the VIRB Editor rebooting my pc when exporting the edited video. What res was that taken in?

It's taken in high resolution but the virb edit program allows you to work on the video in a lower res and I believe even when you export it. Then when it's uploaded to Youtube or whatever page you use it changes the res to HD.

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar yes exporting it back to my video folder turns it back into 4K but somewhere in the export process around 30% my PC reboots. I got to figure this out. The VIRB gives more data then the GoPro but the VIRB is not as stabile as the GoPro. The GoPro will work with no shake in the video at all on my windshield but the VIRB shakes way to much. I don't know why I am even worried about this as there is nothing around here to video anyway less I go to the beach.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @drfubar Found the stabilization problem. You can not turn it on in 4K res so I dropped down to 2.7K and turned it on. Will have to go record more video tomorrow Maybe the lack of shaking will correct the reboot problem also.

• @drfubar Found the stabilization problem. You can not turn it on in 4K res so I dropped down to 2.7K and turned it on. Will have to go record more video tomorrow Maybe the lack of shaking will correct the reboot problem also.

Do mine shake in my videos? I don't see it, they move a little with the movement of the vehicle but that's what takes the "shake" out of it.

TheDonFather - Videos

• @drfubar No shake in yours they look great. You can tell stabilization is working as your fenders move with the bumps in the road but the picture stays solid. To day I ran the VIBR on the windshield on the way to the grocery store and on the fin on the way home. I had set the res to 2.7K and turned on stabilization. Just watched the two videos and both were rock solid. The Garmin now out does the GoPro Hero 9 Black because of the over lays it has. Now going to see is I can get a edit to work. Thanks for your help..

• @drfubar No shake in yours they look great. You can tell stabilization is working as your fenders move with the bumps in the road but the picture stays solid. To day I ran the VIBR on the windshield on the way to the grocery store and on the fin on the way home. I had set the res to 2.7K and turned on stabilization. Just watched the two videos and both were rock solid. The Garmin now out does the GoPro Hero 9 Black because of the over lays it has. Now going to see is I can get a edit to work. Thanks for your help..

I guess I need to look at mine to see what res is set to. I've had them for a number of years and they've always worked fine.

TheDonFather - Videos

• I am editing a 14 minute cut with my laptop and it is 81% done. My pc got to 8% and rebooted. I tried to edit with the phone app that was a pita and a no go. If this works I will do a 3 minute video and put it on here.